Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Amazon woman

I took Molly for her 4-month checkup last week.  A few days leading up to it, I was thinking that she seems very tall for her age (not like I can really remember how big the boys were at any given age).  Sure enough, she's 26.5 inches long, putting her in the 97th percentile.  Of course it's impossible to make estimates as to her height at this point.  And she was actually closer to 4.5 months old when I took her, so she could have grown a little in those two weeks.  But her doctor told her that girls in the high 90s, percentile wise, will likely be in the 6 foot range.  No!  Of course I know it's nothing to worry about (my goodness, she is healthy and I know that's all that really matters), but I just hope she's not four inches taller than Drew when they're adults (he was just a little below average at his two-year checkup). 

She didn't get any of her shots.....with Dean's new job, we have less-than-stellar insurance.  It covers $500 of well child costs per year, which probably isn't too bad once kids reach age two and don't get as many shots.  But Molly's 4-month shots alone (not including the actual doctor's visit) would've cost over $600 at the pediatrician's office.  So I'll have to take her to a clinic to get all of her shots this year.  I assumed it would probably just be a prorated amount that I'd pay (like, maybe $150 instead of $600).  But I asked a friend in a similar situation (whose daughter is almost two), and she said that the clinic gives all these shots for FREE.  I cannot believe this....no wonder they cost so much for those who can actually pay (or whose insurance pays)!  I feel a tiny bit guilty getting something like this for free, but I guess I should think of it as our tax dollars finally doing something for us!

A few pictures of Mollyboo at 4 months:



All three kiddos watching Wipeout one night:

Stylish little lady:

 She's not nearly as easy to hold as she used to be!

Smiley girl:


She'll sit and play in her jumperoo for a few minutes at a time now.  And she loves chewing on her fingers. 

8 comments:

katy said...

Wow -- she's changed so much already! Such a beauty!

CS said...

That's too bad about the insurance. We have the opposite situation. Pat's new job has much better insurance.

One thing is for sure...Molly is a gorgeous girl! :-)

Lindsay said...

awe, she is PRECIOUS!!!

rocket-dad said...

Alissa, she's sooo cute! You have me worried about that percentile estimate. Lizette has also been in the high 90's with everything except weight since she was born. The Dr.s kept telling me she was going to be a little baby, but they were wrong. Also, I like your philosophy of getting the free shots since all your money has always been going for someone else's free shots. In NM we're taxed out the wazoo for everything of which we get nothing!

Rebecca & Tucker said...

Oh, that's Rebecca, not Tucker!

Summer Says... said...

I love that crooked grin. And THOSE cheeks! She's precious.

Use those tax dollars guilt free.

Kier's Serendipity said...

What a cutie patotie!

Melissa said...

So cute Alissa! Insurance issues get me so frustrated. Once we have no. 2 I don't know what we will do- claribel has her own policy and ray and I are covered by our jobs. I just assumed a second baby would be covered individually also, but thanks to "health care reform" you can no longer get an individual policy for a child. Not fun at all...