Our little lady arrived last Sunday, Oct 10 at 1:17pm. She is wonderful! So far she just sleeps almost all the time; I guess that will change before too long. Today she's probably been awake for a total of about 1.5 hours (which I may pay for tonight.....but it is really hard to keep her awake!). She usually only eats for a few minutes before drifting back to sleep. But when she's awake and looking around, I love holding her and talking to her. She gets the hiccups (very loud and squeaky!) multiple times per day, which she also did in the womb. And she's just so tiny. It's been fun having a cuddly little newborn in the house again.
Her big brothers both adore her, especially Drew. He gives her kisses all the time and wants to hold her quite a bit too. The other day Grant was holding her and said, "I love my baby sister. I love Molly." They also like pushing her in the swing. It's totally different from the way Grant reacted when Drew came home. He mostly ignored him, and definitely was never interested in kissing or holding him!
Nana and Papa have been here for this entire week, and Aunt Corie came for a long weekend. We had so much fun with them and it was a huge help! Dean's going back to work tomorrow, and my mom is coming to help for a few days. I had a much easier labor and delivery this time (not nearly as much healing to do as I had with the boys), but I still want to take it easy for a few weeks. And.....this is a long story, but Grant's foot is in a cast for at least three weeks. Early last week he just stopped walking on it entirely....it hurt him so badly to walk that he'd crawl everywhere. It turns out that there's a bone in his left foot that hasn't developed properly, so they have to immobilize the foot to allow it to grow. I was counting on him to be my little helper, so this is really bad timing (considering he can't walk anywhere!). So it will obviously be very helpful having my mom here.
Here are some pictures from this past week.....
8 comments:
So sweet! Can't wait to meet her!!
She's gorgeous! I bet you love having a newborn again. Poor Grant! I'll call you sometime this week.
She's so beautiful!! I love all the pictures: I think the one of Grant taking her blood pressure is my favorite :)
I'm bummed to hear about Grant's foot - but glad they found out what was going on and are in the process of fixing it. But you're right, the timing wasn't great.
PS: You have such good taste in kids' clothes - Drew has so many of the same outfits that Grant does :)
Wow, what a lovely little lady. I can't wait to meet her! I hope Grant's foot is better soon...no fun, kids, no fun.
She is adorable!! You are going to love having a little girl.
She is beautiful, congrats!!
What a sweet girl! Molly looks so much like her brothers. How cool to know she will always have those two big brothers looking out for her (well, mostly...when they're not duck taping her to walls and stuffing her in the toy box...:)
Great pics alissa! Drew sure has the pucker down for kisses... So cute! Molly looks a lot like drew, I think- love the name you ended up with!
Post a Comment