Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Waiting game....

38 weeks!

First, happy birthday, Papa!

Now we're definitely expecting labor to start at any time. Every time I call Dean at work, I have to start by saying, "I'm not in labor!" And I'll feel a contraction and wonder if this could be the beginning. I'm just always aware of all of the little symptoms I feel, wondering if they might be a sign that the baby is coming.

I have actually been feeling fine for the most part over the past week. These past couple of days I've felt maybe a few more contractions than normal, and a little bit of lower back pain. But only for short times. The weirdest thing is the stretching feeling way down low when the baby moves. I guess because I'm already partly dilated, sometimes when the baby shifts around it takes my breath away and it feels like she's on the verge of popping out! It doesn't really hurt, though.....just a weird stretching feeling. I don't really remember that with the boys.....

I've been so neglectful of the blog....I've been using the boys' nap times to do some last minute things. Our camera lens went out a couple of weeks ago, so I had to research new lenses and order one so we'd have it in time for the baby. It came last week....it has twice the zoom of our old one and so far I love it!

I also ordered some of these little swaddling blankets that are all the rage (at least in our area) right now. They're stretchy and breathable and huge (much bigger than the standard receiving blankets from Carter's or Gerber), and all of my friends with new babies love them. The brand is called Aden and Anais....look it up if you're needing a baby gift!

Of the 15 or 17 things on my to-do list before the baby comes, I've actually made my way through most of them. I still haven't caught up on photo albums and scrapbooks like I wanted, but I don't think I will EVER be fully caught up on pictures. So I might as well not be disappointed about that!

And I've also been spending WAY too much time on this baby name website called Nameberry. It's so much fun.....it's my new little addiction. I posted a topic on their message boards a few days ago (asking for name advice) and it's been fun seeing how people react to the names we like. Molly is the funniest one.....some people think it's adorable, and that Molly Madeline is just perfect, especially with the boys' names. Then others say that Molly Sloan sounds like an Irish pub! Caroline seems to be the other favorite....and I think I agree. I just don't know.....I can't seem to make a final decision about any of them. I'm pretty sure we're going to go to the hospital with a running list, and we'll just have to wait until we see her.

I'm still not completely done with the nursery.....I went up into town yesterday while the boys were in school, and I bought some cute oversized papers at the Paper Source. I'm planning on framing them or wrapping them around cardboard and hanging them on the walls for artwork. When we decide on a name, I want to incorporate her name (or initials) into them somehow too. I feel a little overwhelmed with so many options.....and I know I have to get it done in the next few days or I'll never do it after she's born.

That just about sums things up right now! We'll try to post something as soon as we can after the baby's born, if I don't get around to another post before it happens. I still haven't packed anything for the hospital.....maybe I need to get busy and do that while the boys are still sleeping....

5 comments:

Sara said...

Aden + Anais blankets are AWESOME!! You will love having them for your new little girl! I love the names you mentioned in the post - I am sure she will be precious, no matter what! How fun that you will have a little girl in addition to your boys!
I wish you all the best in the coming weeks, days and months - going from two to three is definitely a challenge, but it really is do-able!! God is good, and He gives you strength for each new day!

Kier's Serendipity said...

You are so close! Hang in there and I hope that you can get some more things accomplished before this little nameless baby comes into your world.

Summer Says... said...

Can't wait to hear of the Little Miss's arrival...praying all goes smoothly until she make her grand entrance.

Sara said...

SO excited for you! Praying that you continue feeling good and have lots of energy until she gets here. Can't wait to see pictures.

Yee Peng said...

38 weeks already!?!? Again, how time flies! Very excited for you!