Yes, I am still here. Barely. I haven't even logged onto our blog since the last time I posted (which I see was almost exactly a month ago....how sad). I'm completely out of the loop since I haven't read any blogs in the last month, and I hardly have time to even compose an email (let alone make a phone call). It feels like I'm stuck a hundred feet under the ground alone with my three crazy kids, while the rest of the world is up there having fun this Christmas season, going to parties and cookie exchanges and weddings (Dean and I had to miss one of these earlier this month because what in the world would we have done with all of them- especially Molly- while we drove across town for a wedding??).
I think I'm just realizing how tough it is with three kids. At least OUR three kids! Grant has been throwing fits and acting so defiant and sassy (although the last two days have been surprisingly better) that I really just don't want to go anywhere with him. Drew is overall much easier but still has his two-year-old moments. And Molly has been incredibly fussy. She also seems to be getting a little better, but I spend so much of my day bouncing her in my arms (which makes it hard to get anything done around the house). So I have a perpetually cluttered house and I'm always so far behind on chores (I'm trying not to let this bother me, knowing that someday I'll have a lot of time to clean my house, but my kids will only be young once). And I still haven't even finished decorating Molly's room, but that's just about the last thing on my to-do list right now!
We've been having fun too (I get in the habit of writing blog posts after I've just had a couple of bad days!), and all the kids are doing really cute things right now. Molly is 2.5 months old and doesn't look like a newborn anymore. She coos and smiles a lot (for about 20 minutes after she eats, until she gets fussy again!). She looks around a lot and she holds her head up fairly well, but still has a bit of that bobblehead. Drew is stringing together some long sentences now......yesterday he and Grant were sliding down the stairs headfirst, and he said, "Deh [Grant]: me fall way down here" while he pointed to the bottom of the stairs. He's been a late talker, so it's fun to see him finally start putting sentences together. He's also Grant's little echo....he thinks he's a big boy when he says the same things that his big brother says.
I really am going to try to get back on track with blogging again in the new year. No promises, but hopefully I can get Molly into a good routine and actually start having some time to myself again! Merry Christmas!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Welcome back. You'll figure it all out soon, I have faith that you will! Hang in there.
Good to hear from you! While I love the updates, being a Mom is way more important. Spend your time on the important things - like sleep! Merry Christmas to you all!
ok, I'd love to tell you I warned you, but instead I'll just say...
Welcome to the club! It does get a little easier. I haven't blogged in 3 months. Oh well. Yes, I do spend more time on more important things like sleeping. It does get more fun, but I don't think the chaos will end for a while. Let's get together soon! :0)
Post a Comment