We had a wonderful Christmas.....it was very quiet (just the four of us all weekend) and we just had a lot of playtime and relaxing around the house (as much as you can relax with two small kids!). The boys took marathon naps all weekend, except for one day, so it'll be interesting to see what happens today, now that Daddy's back at work! I'm betting that Drew goes back to his normal 45-minute cat-nap.
These are some pictures we took on Christmas Eve. We went to our church for the Christmas Eve service, but found out when we got there that there was no childcare. Grant did fine sitting in the sanctuary with us for the first few minutes, but Drew quickly got restless and tried climbing under chairs. We knew he wouldn't make it through the entire service. So the boys and I went to the back (Dean had a speaking part and I knew Grant would freak out if Dean got up to leave him by himself). Once Dean was done with his reading, we left. We got all dressed up to only be there for 10 minutes! But these are some pictures I took later that night.....
Trying to give Grant a kiss:
So impolite!I haven't uploaded Christmas pictures yet. The boys got SO many toys....we had to take a break from opening gifts because they got tired of it! Grant has had a blast playing with all of his stuff over the past few days. He gets rather possessive, though....he can sense when Drew is coming close, and he'll quickly cover up his toys with his body, saying, "no, these are mine! I'm playing with these!" Drew got a lot of fun stuff too, but of course he mostly wants to play with big brother's presents!
My big gift from Santa was an iPod! I set it up last night and tried posting a trial post from it. But for some reason, it doesn't recognize this box as a text box.....so I could type the title, then nothing else. I'm not sure what to do about that. But other than that, I'm loving it. It's great being able to quickly check my email from downstairs, without having to come up to the study (we don't have a laptop). The only problem is that Grant is fascinated by it too......he is a little obsessed with looking at my "new phone" (he doesn't understand that it's not really a phone) and threw a fit today when I told him he can't hold it.
It always makes me a little sad when Christmas is over.....now that I'm older, the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to go by in a flash. So my Christmas CDs will still be playing in the car for a while longer! More pictures hopefully soon.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
I love the family picture at the top!
Those are such great pictures. Especially the family picture!!
Post a Comment