It's happened two years in a row now.....snow in Houston! It started snowing at our house early this morning....before 9am. The boys and I went to Kroger, and it looked almost like a snowstorm when we came out of the store. Huge flurries and lots of wind to blow them sideways across the parking lot. We rushed home so the boys (both of whom normally dash towards the door every chance they get) could have a chance to play in the snow. But apparently my little guys belong in Texas, where it rarely gets below 50 degrees.....we tried going out twice, and both times we were back inside within three minutes! They just weren't happy being so cold, and they weren't very impressed with the huge white chunks falling out of the sky.
So instead of just sitting at home, I packed them back in the car and we drove around for about an hour. I bought some Exxon coffee (my favorite....half coffee and half cappuccino) and both of the boys slept while I enjoyed the snow. It accumulated quite a bit this morning, but it stopped snowing before noon, and the snow slowly melted on the ground. It snowed again later in the afternoon for a few hours, but we didn't get any accumulation out of it.
I heard on the radio that this is only the 34th time in Houston's history that we've had snow. And today was the earliest it's ever snowed here. And.....tonight it's supposed to be 25 degrees, which will break the record low for Houston (for this date). So much for global warming, right? Oh wait, excuse me.....now it's conveniently called "climate change," to give them an excuse for when the weather does silly things like actually get colder instead of warmer!
Tonight for dinner we made chicken nuggets and french fries (not from scratch, just a basic frozen meal). We usually have a fast meal like this once a week, and tonight Dean did all the work while I was trying to get other things done. Grant and Drew both just love this meal....it's (sadly) just about the only time I can get them to eat the same thing as we're eating! As we sat down for dinner, Grant took a few bites and said, "This is really yummy. Daddy's a good cooker."
Then later he was putting together the extension pieces for our vacuum (very gross, I know!), and he put three of them together to make a very long stick. He said, "this is called my new invention." Then he'd look through it like a telescope, and he pretended he was shooting with it. I guess we're getting into the imaginative years!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
oh the memories of half coffee and half cappucino from the gas station... I have not had that in FOREVER!!! I was sad the snow didn't really make it to us- it snowed a tiny bit, but not like last year-
Post a Comment