Monday, February 15, 2010

A few funnies.....

I hardly post anything funny that Grant says.....he's constantly saying things that either surprise me ("how did he know about that?") or make me laugh, and I write them in my little notebook as often as I can. Here are a few just from today that I thought were funny/insightful:

- Dean was off today from work, so we did some errands this morning and stopped to get a pizza from Little Caesars on the way home. Dean went inside to pick up the pizza, and when he came out, Grant said, "when I'm a daddy, I can go in there." Dean replied back something like, "don't let that be your motivation!"

- He's been on this "when I'm a daddy" kick lately......this afternoon we were playing at the house and Grant said, "when I'm a daddy, I can teach Drew how to give big spankins." (And by the way, Grant sees me slap Drew on the hand when he hits or throws something. So now Grant takes it upon himself to discipline Drew....slapping his hand, counting to three and threatening Drew with spankings when he misbehaves. He's trying to be helpful and he thinks he's a big boy....and the funny thing is that Drew actually seems to enjoy being disciplined by his big brother!).

- Lately Drew has been acting silly.....making funny noises at the table, dancing to every song he hears, etc. He was acting funny upstairs tonight and Grant was laughing at him like he typically does. Then Grant looked at me and said, "Drew makes me smile."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's amazing what they come up with! Aislynn's new thing is to impose "time-out" upon herself. If she doesn't want me to wash her hair, she's in time-out. If she doesn't want to leave Paw Paw's house, she's in time-out. It cracks me up!

Your boys are adorable! Don't you wish you could capture every moment forever? I think the notebook is a brilliant idea. I'm going to have to do that myself.

katy said...

"Drew makes me smile." I love that! I like the notebook idea, too.