Thursday, September 9, 2010

I love this face.

I took some pictures of Drew the other morning while the boys were watching TV.  I'm no professional, and I'm sure a real pro could make this picture look much better.  But I just picked one of my favorites and tweaked it up a little bit on Picasa.  I've also been playing around with Photoshop (which I bought just before Drew was born but never learned how to use it properly); I've downloaded a few "actions" (for example, "Faded Daydreams," which automatically gives a picture that vintage-hazy look), and I'm trying to play around with them.  Ideally, I'll take some good pictures of the baby, and I'll be able to do my own editing to give them a pseudo-professional look.....

I cannot say enough how much I'm in love with this little guy (definitely my easier one right now of the two!).  I love his soft brown hair, big brown eyes and little button nose.  He just does the cutest things right now (when he's not picking fights with his brother):   

Again, I just adjusted this picture on Picasa, not Photoshop.  But if I get a chance, I'll upload before-and-after pictures that I've been practicing with on Photoshop.  It's not nearly as hard as I'd expected!
 
Today was a better day; I went to a doctor's appointment (podiatrist, not my OB) while the boys were in school and then did some birthday shopping for Drew (can't believe he'll be two in less than two weeks).  Drew hasn't napped at school this week (and Grant never naps at school.....they don't build naps into the older kids' schedules), so the afternoon was a little rough.  Especially for Grant.  He ended up going to bed at around 6:30, but Drew stayed up a little later with Dean and me (he'd taken a short nap on my lap this afternoon).  This rarely happens, where we spend time with just one boy and not the other.  It was so nice, though, not having to deal with any fights!  Drew and I made fudge together (he always loves bringing his stool over to help make desserts), and he had a great time being silly and getting all the attention for himself.  He gave Dean a big hug and kiss before I took him upstairs to bed, and he said, "nigh nigh Daddy" as we were walking away.  I'm so smitten....

2 comments:

Summer Says... said...

That is one sweet face!

Dorminey Days said...

What a great picture! I can't believe Drew is two soon. Hope you're feeling well in the home stretch!