I bought the crib from a friend who was moving out of state and selling all of her kids' baby stuff. We used a white crib for the boys that I was planning on using again, but my friend didn't charge me very much and I just couldn't pass it up.....I loved that it was so girly and sweet! For the wall hangings, I just took the glass out of the frames, and I bought sheets of wrapping paper at the Paper Source. All of the frames are a little taller than 12 inches, so I couldn't use 12X12 scrapbooking paper (my first idea). Paper Source sells these sheets of wrapping paper for $3 or $4 per sheet (each sheet measures probably 2 feet by 3 feet). Very expensive if you're using it to wrap a gift, but cheap if you're using it to decorate!
I found this dresser and hutch on Craigslist. And the blue polka dotted paper is another sheet from Paper Source.....I bought a bunch of them that day, not knowing what in the world I was going to do with them or which ones I'd end up using. I just wrapped it around a piece of cardboard (one of the sides of a giant diaper box). I love how it stands out a little and is just something other than pink and green.
Oops....I still hadn't filled that little green frame with a picture when I took this. Oh well. If I wait to take another picture of it, then I'm sure this post will really never get done!
The chair! We originally had Drew's old glider in this spot, and I went searching on Craigslist one day a few months ago for a new glider for Drew's room (we had first bought a horribly uncomfortable rocking chair to replace his glider, but we just couldn't stand sitting in it anymore). Anyway, I found this pink chair instead. And the people selling it happened to live across the street from some friends (about 2 miles from our house). It was meant to be! I just love this thing.....it rocks back and forth and swivels around. The boys love playing on it too. See what I mean about adding pink to pink to more pink?
And two adorable blankets given to us by friends:
The view as you come in her room:
Changing table next to the closet (which I hardly ever use.....we bought this when Grant was born and we had a one-story house. There is no way I'd bring Molly upstairs to her room just to change her diaper. Does anyone do this?).
8 comments:
Oh, it's SO cute. You did a great job!!
I really like it. You did a great job! Miss you.
Alissa, what a sweet room! I love the framed wrapping paper -- might have to remember one!
What a precious room. You did great!
love it! that paper is fantastic -I want to try that somewhere.
and I think with two big brothers, this little one deserves a pinky-pink space of her own:)
I'm still here reading! Thanks for the updates, I miss hearing about your life! LOVE her room. :) But Cassidy's was almost as pink at the old house - I'm from the mindset that you can't have too much pink for a girl. :) (her new room is yellow though and I love that too!)
I love her room and all the pink! You did a great job with it. I loved reading about all the kids, we miss you all!
I love pink. Especially if she's going to be your only girl you have to go all out! You did a great job, and I love the wrapping paper in the frames! I did pink and gray in Lizette's room thinking I didn't want to skimp on girly in case she was my only one too!
Post a Comment