Dean has only been able to take a few days of vacation this summer, so most days it's just been me and the kids. In these late days of summer, the days are starting to get brutal. The boys complain every time I try taking them into stores, but with 100-degree days it's impossible to play outside (I don't really even want to go to our neighborhood pool, which has no shade). There are a couple of indoor play options up in Houston, but I've gotten tired of going to the same places (as an aside, I think it is a shame that so few malls in Texas have an indoor play area for kids). And our house just seems so boring.....I just turn into a crazy mom on those days when we spend more than about five hours here.
So this week the boys have play days at their school every day from 9am-1pm. Yay! Molly and I did some things that I normally can't do when the boys are with me (rug shopping, for example). And they had a fun time with their friends, especially Grant. I was so proud because one of his teachers told me afterwards that he was the only one in the class who did everything when she asked and how she asked. We are still having major issues with him at home, so I'll take this as a sign that I need to maximize the amount of time he spends in school this year! Too bad our preschool doesn't offer a 5-day option!
We went to the pool last night and had so much fun! For the first time, Molly had a blast in the pool (she's always been fairly indifferent towards it). She kicked and laughed and had fun chasing her brothers in the pool while I held her. Grant does a good job swimming by himself when he's wearing his floaties, and Drew loves jumping to Daddy from the edge.
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Grady's feet get all wrinkley like that too! Not sure why the young ones have that happen more! Alissa, I so feel your pain. I have never loved Houston weather, but I truly despise it now that I have kids. I don't know if it will get better when my kids are a little older b/c I can't really take a 1 year old and a 2 year old to the pool by myself. But this summer has been brutal. I don't know what y'alls schedule looks like but if you're up for a treck out here, I have spare rooms for pack-n-plays for naps if y'all want to come hang out and play someplace new!
Addison's feet wrinkle in just a 5 minute bath. I love it!
AAwwww Alissa your baby girl is so adorable and I LOVE her nursery (pink is my favorite color and I overdid Sophie's room in pink so it was like walking into a giant piece of bubble gum...) I just wanted to pop on over and say hi! They are ALL so cute and I think Molly looks a lot like you!
Post a Comment