Monday, July 2, 2007

Pictures from the weekend

We had a busy weekend! We did some yardwork on Saturday, and Dean painted cabinets in our kitchen. He painted most of them in November before Grant was born, but we didn't get a chance to finish painting inside all of them....we didn't anticipate Grant coming two weeks early! Here are some pictures from that day....he's sleeping in his Papasan chair in this picture because of his cold (see below). "Look at me pushing myself up with my arms!!" He's getting a lot more comfortable on his tummy these days, now that he can reach for things. He ends up on his belly all the time and now has learned to push himself up from his tummy pretty well.
It was SO hot on Saturday morning, but we got some rain that really cooled things off outside. So Grant and I went outside with Dean and did yardwork with him. Grant had a pretty good time sitting underneath the shady tree.Unfortunately, Grant came down with ANOTHER cold! I thought breastfeeding was supposed to help in preventing babies getting sick! I know other moms who say their babies always seem to get colds too, though, and I think it's somewhat unavoidable when you take them places where there are other kids around. We take him to church once a week, and I usually take him up to the library twice a week for Book Babies. Just last Thursday, I noticed an older baby crawling by us who had a really runny nose. So who knows if that's where Grant picked it up, but I guess it's better than getting the flu!

Anyway, he seems to feel pretty much normal in spite of his runny nose. The really bad part is just that he doesn't sleep as well at night. Dean ended up running to Walgreens on Saturday night to get some decongestant for him, because he woke up and was having a hard time breathing through his nose. But he's actually been waking up A LOT lately in the middle of the night, which is something we haven't really dealt with in the past four months or so! The books all say that it's common for babies to start waking up in the middle of the night again when they start teething or are learning something new, like crawling. And sometimes all I have to do is give him his pacifier and he'll go right back to sleep. But other times, like for the past week especially, he'll settle back down and go back to sleep, then wake up and cry again 20 minutes later! Or I'll set my hand on his chest and it seems like he's going to sleep, but then I walk away and he'll start crying because he doesn't want to be left alone!! So it's quite frustrating.....I hate to just let him cry it out, especially because that's never worked in causing him to go to sleep. But I also don't want him to think that any time he cries, I'm going to be right there. So I hope this is just a stage that he gets over soon!!

For anyone who has read all of this, I'm sorry it was so long and detailed! I'm doing this blog somewhat for myself to look back at later, so I apologize if it's more than you care to read!

0 comments: