Friday, October 19, 2007

High school reunion

We went to Bryan for my high school reunion this past weekend. I was unsure how I would enjoy it, and was afraid it would be extremely awkward. But it was actually a lot more fun than I expected! Of course I hadn't seen many of those people in the past ten years, but I was surprised how everyone looked pretty much how I remembered (or maybe it was just because we've all aged, so they still look the same age as me and we all look 10 years older!). But I found that I was genuinely happy to see all of those people again....it's a little bit weird, because these are people I saw almost every day for four years (some much longer!), so it wasn't just like seeing an acquaintance after all that time. I found that it was easier than I expected to talk with them as if no time had passed.

Here are some pictures: Dean and me before we left (by the way: we forgot our hanging bag at home, so we had to make a trip to the mall after getting into town to buy some clothes!)With Laurel, Whitney, and Sarah (I was in Kindergarten with Whitney and Laurel, and met Sarah in 3rd grade):
With Ashley (my neighbor and friend since Kindergarten):
Unfortunately, that's all I took while we were there! And I was sad that a few of my close friends weren't able to be there, but it was still good to see everybody.

Here are a couple more from the weekend (more to come in another post):

1 comments:

Sara said...

It was so great to see you last week! Your little boy is precious :)