We went to Bryan last weekend to surprise my mom for my parents' anniversary. They were planning on coming down here for the weekend (or so my mom thought), but instead my dad took her to a nearby country club/resort where he had booked the Presidential Suite for them to stay in overnight. Then my mom's other surprise was that Dean, Grant and I, plus my brother Rob were coming there too. Rob met us at my parents' house, then we went over to the pool area (where my dad told us they'd be). My mom was so happy and surprised to see us....we went swimming for a while, then came back to their room a little bit later (after cleaning up at their house).
Rob got sick and ended up leaving before we went to dinner, unfortunately. But the rest of us went to dinner (including Grant, which was interesting!)....we enjoyed a wonderful seafood buffet. Since Grant came with us, we sat outside.....just in case he got fussy. But he was fine, as long as I kept giving him bites of what I was eating! I can't even guess how much he ate....it was probably way too much, but he kept wanting more. And he liked our waitress....he would try to stand up and bounce in his highchair when she'd come out! Probably the funniest thing was the dessert.....we had ice cream and peach cobbler. I gave Grant a few bites of ice cream, then my mom asked for a bite. So I scooped some up for her on my spoon and went to hand it to her. Well, Grant wasn't too happy with that....he got mad that it wasn't for him and started crying! So we did it again just to see if he wasn't crying about something else, but sure enough! Then we gave some to my dad and he did it again! We sure do have a demanding little boy on our hands!
The next morning, we went over to see my parents for a little while longer, then we drove to Madisonville to see my good friend Margaret and her husband Doug. Margaret is (now) 38 weeks pregnant and is due to have her baby boy any day! We had BBQ sandwiches and spent a few hours with them. Grant got to meet his first horse, although he was more interested in their dog Jack, who kept running around us!
Family picture from their balcony:
Daddy feeding Grant some snacks before going to the seafood buffet:Grant entertained everyone with his expert xylophone playing:
Meeting Molly (I think that's her name!) the horse:
Jack and Molly:
Margaret and Doug:
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment