Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm not sure if it's the same thing that Rob and Leah (and Evan) had last week, but Grant and I got sick this weekend, and it seems like it came from nowhere! Grant's started yesterday afternoon, as I was rocking him to sleep for his nap. I stood up to lay him in his crib and he threw up ALL over both of us. Before I could even get anywhere to clean him up, he threw up twice more. He seemed to feel okay afterwards, so we both got in the shower to clean up. We got him to sleep again, only to have him wake up throwing up again! Then he tried a couple more times over the next couple of hours, but poor thing, there was nothing left in his stomach to get rid of! So we gave him Pedialyte over the next couple of hours while he slept on my lap in the living room, then I slept in the guest bed with him last night.

Grant is pretty much okay today.....he hasn't acted too much out of the ordinary. But at around 2:30 I went over to our neighbor's house for their Air Show party. They had all kinds of desserts there, but I didn't have an appetite for any of it. That made me wonder if I might be getting the same thing....if I don't want desserts, then something MUST be wrong! Sure enough, about an hour later I started feeling queasy, so I came home. I ended up getting sick and laying on the couch all night. Thankfully Dean felt fine and was able to take care of Grant!

I feel okay right now, and it seems like a virus that comes and goes rather quickly. So hopefully I've experienced all of it.....and hopefully Dean won't get the same thing tomorrow!

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Evan has a cold and I am getting over one. We can't seem to get healthy in our house.