Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun little coincidence!

The boys and I made an impromptu trip to the Galleria today.....we had a fun time! I love our little trips to the city. Today we saw the ice skating rink and the giant Christmas tree. Grant wanted to go out onto the ice, so I explained to him that it was a giant ice cube, and it's very hard to walk on it. Then, while we were searching for the Disney store (it has recently moved), we found a ride-on train over at Santa's North Pole. Grant was so excited, so we paid $6 and had a blast during our three-minute ride. He said, "this is really cool!" a few times and asked Drew if he thought it was cool too. They both stuck their heads out the window and had such fun. As we were leaving the area, Grant looked up at me and excitedly said, "it's Christmastime!"

We found the Disney store, where Grant looked at lots of Cars and Handy Manny toys, and Drew had fun bouncing balls all over the place.

The only negative about going into town is that the boys take their naps in the car....by the time we get home, they wake up and they will not go back to sleep (even if they only slept for 30 minutes). So to kill some time and hopefully allow them to sleep a little longer, a lot of times I'll just drive around town for a while before heading home. Today I was driving on Montrose, and I noticed a street called "Drew" as I passed it. I had my camera and thought I'd turn around to take a picture of it. So I turned at the next street and made my way back towards Drew St. I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed that the intersecting street with Drew St. was called Grant St! What are the chances that I would have ever found this intersection?! Crazy!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like a great time - glad you had a good trip out with the boys!

OMG - How cool is that intersection? So neat!

katy said...

That is crazy!!! So glad you had your camera to snap that shot. How amazing!

Kier's Serendipity said...

What a fun coincidence!

Me said...

That is cool! Now, if you have a 3rd child, you'd better scope out some town that has a Grant St., Drew Ave., plus a 3rd name you like all intersecting! ;)

kelli said...

that's so cool!!!

Sara said...

How fun is that!?!! :) Looks like a picture that needs to be framed in your home, huh?