Monday, November 30, 2009

Trying to catch up!

I don't like getting so far behind.....I would love to blog every day, and I'd definitely have enough material to post every day. The boys are playing together so much now.....they love wrestling and petting (or chasing) the kitties together. Drew is becoming a big boy right in front of our eyes.....he'll do things that make me think, "huh? when did you learn that?" And Grant is saying so many funny and witty things too. I write down some of the especially funny/memorable things in a notebook, but I rarely have a chance to sit down and share them on the blog. The days just speed by so fast (and my free time is so very limited!).

Here are some pictures of Grant's birthday party. A few weeks before his party, I'd ask him what kind of cake he wanted. First he said he wanted a Chick Hicks cake. A few days later, he wanted a Captain Hook cake (he's on a Peter Pan kick right now). I'm not sure why he picks the villains as his favorite characters! We talked him into a Lightning McQueen cake, and this is what the lady came up with.....Grant was so excited about it and wanted to show it to everybody. It says "Ka-chow!" on the top.....


Our little man has become more addicted to his pacifier again after our trip to Alabama. It always happens after trips. So it was difficult trying to separate him from it during his party. He ate lunch with Andrew and John at the picnic table....he and Andrew were very proud of themselves for sharing with each other.
Jacob kept yelling, "Ka-chow!" during cake time. The little boys all loved looking at the cake and they all were saying, "I want the Lightning McQueen piece! I want the Mater piece!" Those were just little plastic cars sitting on top of the cake, but apparently the boys thought the cake underneath them was very special!
Present time!
Look at these cool cars, Mommy!
Drew was not a happy camper that day.....he wanted to be held almost non-stop. He obviously didn't feel well (you could see it in his eyes), but nothing ever came of it. When he wasn't being held, he had a great time playing in the ice cooler!

4 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

Happy Birthday Grant! Looks like a fun party! You look great too!

katy said...

Beautiful picture of you, Alissa! I hope his party was very special. That cake looks pretty darn good. :)

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of trying?

http://www.pacifierbgone.com/?gclid=CKGZwOXltp4CFQJinAodvmbWZA

Dorminey Days said...

What great pictures! I particuraly like the last one of you and Drew. I hope ya'll are all doing well!