It was a jam-packed weekend! On Friday Grant had woken from his nap just as the Blue Angels were practicing for the air show this weekend. I love living close to a military airport (we live basically across the street from Ellington field).....we get to hear (and sometimes see) all kinds of planes flying around our house. And the airshow is especially cool. This year the Navy's Blue Angels were the headliners.
So on Friday afternoon, I heard super loud airplanes and knew it must be them. I was standing in the kitchen when it got especially loud. I looked out the kitchen window as two of them flew by, then turned in opposite directions. One of them pretty much flew over our backyard....you could see the blue and gold paint as clear as day. So awesome! Grant wasn't so excited.....he was pretty freaked out by the noise. I tried taking him out in the backyard with me, but he buried his head the whole time and kept saying, "it's pretty loud. I want to get out of here." He felt better after we came inside and I explained that they were good planes, and they keep us safe.
The funny thing is that Drew (usually a very light sleeper) slept through most of it, until the last few minutes of their practice run. That night when Dean got home, I told Grant to tell Daddy the names of the airplanes he saw. He said, "I saw the Blue Rangers." But he remembered all weekend that they were "good airplanes that keep us safe" (although it didn't make him any more excited to listen to them).
Saturday:
It didn't really feel like Halloween, because of the air show and college football on TV. Saturday is a weird day for Halloween, I think. But Grant was excited about going trick-or-treating (he was too little to understand last year). We had a good time! We walked just down our street and back, but that was plenty for the boys. When we still had a few houses to go, Grant decided he just wanted to sit in his wagon and start eating his candy.
The pirate and the scarecrow:
Trick-or-treating:
At our neighbor/babysitter Elizabeth's house. Grant picked out his candy, and Drew decided he needed some too!
After trick-or-treating, we went to our church for a while. Grant's friend Graham was a pirate too....we didn't plan it!
Grant was surprisingly very good at sharing his candy. He kept handing pieces to all three of us that night.
Unfortunately, yesterday I had a disastrous experience at the bank with both boys (Grant almost set off the fire alarm, among other things), so we promptly came home and Grant watched as I threw his candy bag in the trash. Then he got about ten whacks with the paddle. I'm so tired of this stuff.....they both act horribly in stores, but at least Drew is still a little young to know better. Grant definitely knows better.
January Lessons
10 years ago
5 comments:
Cute pictures of the boys in there Halloween costumes!
Sorry Grant is being a pill...I hope it gets better for you.
OH my goodness, that scarecrow is the cutest thing I've ever seen! :) Just remember, Grant can't stay 2 forever. ;) I'm impressed you even venture out!
The boys looked so cute!!
I've made quite a few scenes in stores, too, and I only have one!
The costumes are adorable!!
The fire alarm? Ha ha. It's probably sick and wrong, but I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one whose children wreak havoc out in public :)
I agree with Kristen - that is the cutest darn scarecrow costume ever! Grant makes a pretty cute pirate too! :)
Post a Comment