I haven't done one of these in a while. The weeks fly by so fast, which is good in a way because this summer is really starting to take its toll on me. I absolutely HATE August in Texas with small children. There's no other way to put it. It's impossibly hard to find things to do with them, since we can't be outside (except maybe before 9:30am and after 7pm) and they rarely behave when we go out in public (but anyone who has read this blog for any time is probably tired of me complaining endlessly about all of this!).
So even though I'm really ready for the boys to start school on the 31st (one more week to go), I am just in no hurry to have this baby. I actually really love being pregnant. I always have, except for my last trimester with Grant when I couldn't find any relief from that horrible sciatica. I'm still very comfortable, and I just love feeling the baby rolling around and kicking. After my pregnancies with the boys, I remember thinking back a couple of months postpartum, frustrated at all of the things I'd already forgotten about being pregnant. So this time I'm trying to take things slowly and trying to make mental notes of how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking at each stage.
The boys and I went to see my doctor on Friday for my 31-week checkup (I've been going every two weeks since 27 weeks). I had only gained a pound since my last visit, which was an improvement from the four pounds I had gained in the previous two weeks. So now I'm up to a total of 30 pounds, which is definitely okay (especially since this baby will most likely come in another 6 weeks, like the boys did).
Names, Names, Names!
This is the main baby-related thing on my mind right now. Instead of narrowing our list down, I just keep adding more (and getting more confused). I've been scouring the baby name blogs and message boards during my free time in the past week (partly explains why I haven't written on the blog), doing searches on the names we like and trying to find reasons to cross some off our list. But I just keep finding more that I like! So my favorites right now (some from our previous list plus some new ones) include: Lauren, Molly, Sarah, Caroline, Madeline, Meredith (Dean still likes this one a lot), Susanna(h) (not Dean's favorite, but I like it a lot). Claire is a middle name option that we like, and I think Madeline would be a cute middle name too (Sarah Madeline or Molly Madeline). Thoughts, anyone? Please?
Funny big brother story: this happened a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've written it on the blog yet. I was upstairs with the boys and the baby suddenly kicked me in the side, and it hurt quite a bit (usually it doesn't hurt at all when she kicks). I said, "OW!" and Grant asked what happened. I told him that the baby kicked me and he said, "baby, do NOT kick Mommy or I'm going to give you a spankin." I asked how he was going to give her a spanking, and he said, "I'm going to come in there and give her a spankin, and then I'm going to come out of you." Um, okay.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
10 comments:
Here's my opinion for baby names. Aunt Corie's top 3: (1) Meredith, (2) Molly, and (3) Sarah. Good luck! :-)
I love "Molly Madeline." That is too cute!
I love all those girls names! Most of them were strong top 10's for us, too. ;) Including Claire as a middle name! We ultimately went with Cassidy for orginality (I grew up with way too many people w/my name so I wanted something a little different - Alissa was probably perfect- not weird but not a lot of you!). I think my only comment is to go with what you love. I know you've loved Molly for a while so I would say do that. But honestly, they are all adorable so you can't go wrong! P.S. LOVE the wood floors!
Since you asked...
Aunt Leah's vote: #1 Caroline #2 Madeline #3 Molly
Anything you choose will be perfect for your baby girl!! And I love Claire!
I too love Claire for a middle name, along with all of the others you have listed. Decisions, decisions....
Love Grant's story too btw!
I think Molly is so you, and Molly Madeline is precious...but I'm also a big fan of alliteration. All of your selections are classy and timeless - good luck the next few weeks!
I love the name Molly also, but Ray wouldn't go for it... Of course I love Claire also, thinking that claribel could go by that when she was older if she wanted... I have heard a lot of carolines lately, I must say, but love it as well! You have some good options for sure! I do love Molly Madeline...
Uncle Patty's two cents:
I'm with Rob and Leah. I like Caroline as my #1, but Sarah is a definite #2 for me.
I still think you should go with Kristin. J/K or am I? Hmm...but seriously, I like all the names you have choosen. I like Caroline a lot too. I remember Molly being on the list when you were pregnant with Grant though...it seems to be a lasting in the name consideration game.
I'm Sarah Michelle and I've always loved my name! I guess I'm partial though. My favs: Lauren and Sarah.
YAY for baby!
Post a Comment