It's funny; Grant is getting to the point where he actually has an opinion (sometimes) about what he's wearing, and he has started to categorize certain clothes as "cool and awesome." So far he hasn't told me that any of his clothes are "not cool," so hopefully it'll still be a while before we're fighting over that!
A while back I went to Carter's and bought some clothes for the boys to wear either this fall or next spring (I like to buy them off-season when they're on sale when I can). So I found these cute dinosaur pajamas for Grant, and they had long pants so I just put them in his closet to save until it gets cooler. But Grant noticed them a couple of weeks ago and insisted on wearing them. They're not really any different than all of his other Carter's pajamas, but for some reason he thinks these are especially cool. And Drew has some that are similar (in that they're another t-shirt/pants set). Grant gets so excited when they're both wearing their "cool and awesome" jammies together.....they excitedly run around and admire themselves in the mirror. Here are both boys wearing their "cool and awesome" jammies one morning:
When he first wore these pajamas, Grant wanted to wear them every night, and would freak out a little bit if I told him they were dirty. Now we've found a couple of other sets of jammies that he also considers "cool and awesome" (basically, any cool-looking t-shirt paired with wind shorts). This is definitely something I didn't expect from my three-year-old son; I guess I'm going to have to start taking him shopping with me to make sure he approves of what I pick out!
Today I took the boys to the shoe store to find some school shoes (since school starts tomorrow- YAY!). I've always bought them brown shoes (because they're good for both school and church, and I only have to buy one pair per season). But this time we went with tennis shoes for both of them. Grant was excited about them and said immediately when he put them on, "I can't wait to show these to Daddy!"
Pregnancy: 33 weeks
Belly shot from last night:
I had a bit of a scare on Friday......I had a lot of painful contractions, one after another, when I was laying in bed reading. I came downstairs, drank some water, and they eventually went away. So I went back upstairs and laid down again, and the contractions started again. I called the doctor on call, and she said to drink 3 large glasses of water, then come into the hospital if they didn't go away. Finally after about an hour, they did go away and I finally went to sleep (at around 4am). It was unsettling.....I have no idea why that might have happened.
Otherwise, I'm just feeling tired and very big now. The boys start school tomorrow (I didn't mention this already, did I?), and I am just so ready for some time to myself. I feel bad because I'm such a boring (and impatient) mommy right now, but I am just SO BURNED OUT! So I think this will be great for all of us.
Some other pregnancy facts at 33 weeks:
- I haven't been wearing my rings for about two or three weeks now. I'm not really swelling badly, but my rings were getting tight and I am more comfortable without them.
- The baby gets the hiccups at least a couple of times per day. It's so fun feeling and watching my belly bounce every couple of seconds!
- Drew and Grant each have these little cowboy cap guns. One day last week, Drew lifted up my shirt and touched the gun to my belly (sounds weird and disturbing, but I don't think he meant anything malicious by it!). He shot it, and the baby immediately bounced. He did it two other times (she jumped each time) before I took it away from him. Poor thing, it scared her!
4 comments:
Drew has those same dinosaur jammies - I'm SO glad to know that they're cool and awesome!
That dress is adorable on you! I'm glad that boys are starting school to allow you some down time before the baby arrives!
Alissa, you look great! I can't believe you're almost there. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl when she comes! I laughed from an earlier post when you described yourself has having more troubles this pregnancy because you're so old now. I'm only a year younger and just getting started...
I bought Aislynn some new tennis shoes for school this year. She swears they make her faster!
How's school going? Are they enjoying it? Are you? Is it all week or just part-time? Either way, I hope it allows you to get some much-needed time to yourself!!
Post a Comment