Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First days through the years

2008: Grant was 21 months old, and I was 35 weeks pregnant with Drew.  I sobbed as I left the school parking lot ("my baby is growing up!"), and Grant cried a lot in the beginning.  He only went to school for (I believe) three days before it closed down for Hurricane Ike, and didn't reopen until after Drew was born.  So much for all that pre-baby alone time for me!


2009: At almost three, Grant was still majorly attached to his pacifier.  I was shocked when his new teachers told him that first day that he needed to put his paci in his backpack when he came into the classroom.  I thought, "he's still a baby!  That's awfully harsh!"  But it was the best thing for him; a few months later he was hardly using it anymore.
  

2010: Drew was 23 months old and Grant was three and a half.  This time, I was 33 weeks pregnant with Molly.  Grant didn't want to go to school because he was scared about having new teachers, and Drew just had no idea what he was getting into!  But Grant did great and loved it from the beginning.  Poor Drew cried every day until, oh, about early May!  I kind of forget, but I don't think I cried this time....I was just so excited to have another chance at that pre-baby alone time!

2011: Yesterday!  Grant is four years, nine months old.  Again, he said he didn't want to start school "because I'm scared Ms. Tammy and Ms. Shelia aren't gonna be my teachers anymore."  But he did great!  I'm so thankful that he's so well-behaved for his teachers.  And now that he's in Pre-K, it seems a lot more like Kindergarten....he has a behavior chart and he is responsible for bringing home his folder every day.  He definitely seems to be in his element at school (I pray that I'm not speaking too soon, bragging on him like this!).

Molly (ten months) is going one day a week!  She's having a lot of separation anxiety at church, but her teachers said she did okay yesterday.  She cried off and on during the morning, but then totally fell apart after lunch, so Ms. Jessica took her for a stroller ride.  She fell asleep and was still sleeping when I picked her up. 

Drew has grown up so much in the past six months.  He turned the corner at the end of the year last year, and yesterday he had no fear going into his classroom.  Yay!  I'm so proud of my big boy.

 







5 comments:

CS said...

I'm so proud of them! They're getting so big. I'm glad you'll have some "me time", too!

Danielle said...

Love seeing the updates over the years! Enjoy your time while all 3 are at school!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Great pictures of your kiddos!

Rebecca & Tucker said...

So cute to look at how they've changed. Where is Molly going to school? Lizette would probably love something like that, but I'm not ready. Plus she does melt whenever she has to miss her naps. But at church she practically jumps out of my arms to get in the nursery.

Kristen said...

Can you believe Grant will be in kinder next year? I mean, part of me feels like you were just pregnant with him, but of course the other part feels like he's 10. :) You're doing a great job wrangling 3 kiddos!