Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stairstep

When the weather allows it (this time of year, usually this means before 9am and after 5pm), the kids have enjoying playing outside at their sand/water table.  Molly loves standing up and grabbing the sand, and the boys have a blast burying their cars and Star Wars guys.   Don't these first two pictures look like those AT&T commercials that show the bars in all kinds of creative ways (I'm so tired and I can't think of a way to explain this more clearly!).



Molly watches intently as Drew pours:

Sweet Drew.....he's brushing the sand off her arm:


Even though Molly rarely put anything into her mouth until about a week ago (and these were taken a few weeks ago), she stuck her finger in her mouth and must have decided she liked the taste of sand.  Weird!  She did it once, then again and again until I had to stop her.  She just licked it right off!



 The boys came inside while I stayed outside for a few extra minutes with Molly.  We walked in to find them sitting very quietly, watching one of those live-action British comedies on PBS.  You know, the ones where the main characters always seem to be old men?  It was so funny.....the boys rarely sit so quietly even when they watch their own cartoons, but they must have thought this was pretty intriguing!

0 comments: