Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Trip into town last week

Last Thursday, Grant and I went up into town with my friends Sierra and Erin, and Sierra's little boy Jacob. It was an adventure, to say the least! I never knew a VW Passat could feel so tiny! Sierra sat in the back between the boys on the way up there, and I gained a new appreciation for moms who have twins. I'll often jump in the backseat to sit with Grant or to pacify him if he's fussy while Dean is driving, and it's not a big deal at all. But it's next to impossible to climb into the middle seat when you've got two carseat bases installed! And Sierra and I are both tall, but we're by no means large people!

Anyway, Grant was also not himself all afternoon.....I had to pull off the interstate and into a parking lot to get him out and calm him down on the way into town because he would not stop crying! It was time for a nap, but usually he'll get in the car and cry for just a minute before falling asleep when he's really tired. So I rocked his carseat until he fell asleep, then we drove the rest of the way without any problem.

We went shopping a little and then went to Chuy's for dinner, which is one of the places we miss out in the suburbs! Again, poor Grant was tired and I felt like such a bad mommy for not trying to plan around his naps better. I still forget that he's outgrowing the stage where he'll sleep anywhere and anytime he feels tired. Plus, that place is loud and I think there was just too much for him to look at, even though he was extremely exhausted. But finally I stood and rocked him and he went to sleep....at least for a little while! Through the whole trip, Erin was SO helpful to Sierra and me....we don't know what we would have done without her!

Here are some pictures we took. And it was such a small world....we also ran into Margaret and Angie, two of my friends from our old church where Dean and I met. We all frequented Chuy's when we'd go out with groups, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see them! The first two are of Erin (and Grant) and Sierra and Jacob, then pictures of Margaret and Angie holding Grant.

0 comments: