Thursday, March 13, 2008

First, a few promised pictures from our trip to town last Wednesday:

Eating in his stroller as soon as we got there; he took a 2 hour nap on the way up to town, so I was able to sit in the car and read some of 1000 Places to See Before you Die (I had just rented it from the library that morning). I used to run along this stretch of Allen Parkway all the time before Dean and I got married, so it brought back some good memories being there again.Running in the grass:
This is my favorite; I love seeing all the buildings in the background. Who says Houston can't be pretty???
Posing next to a tree:
Showing me his belly button. He loves to do that these days (and he will lift up our shirts and point ours out too!).
Poor baby, Grant has caught a virus called Adenovirus. It's pretty common among little ones. He had a fever on Monday evening and hasn't felt well or eaten much since then. He threw up on Tuesday but hasn't thrown up since, but he's just been acting fussier than normal and it's hard to keep him happy. He'll get down and play one minute, then start crying and want to be picked up. Today he kept grabbing his mouth, and he'd wince, then start crying. This happened out of the blue a few times, so I made an appt to see the doctor. I thought it may just be teething but decided to take him in. As soon as the doc put the flashlight thing into his mouth, I immediately saw a cold sore under his tongue. I asked Dr. Quillin if he saw it, and he said, "you should have seen the two or three huge ones in the back!" Oh no! Grant was actually eating a graham cracker when Dr. Quillin came in, and he was surprised he was able to eat that.

Since it's a virus, there's nothing we can do except wait it out. The doctor said basically to let him eat anything he wants, so I went and got him a Frosty from Wendy's on our way home (this was his suggestion). Grant slurped on it a little bit with a straw tonight, and he ate a piece of cheese, but still doesn't have much appetite. I just feel so bad for him....he'll be just fine one minute, then start crying in pain the next.

We went to a playhouse with some friends of ours last Friday, so I'm thinking that's probably where he picked it up. Who knows!?

0 comments: