We had a fun day today! Here are some of the things we did:
- We had an Easter egg hunt with my Wednesday morning Bible study group. It was Grant's first Easter egg hunt, and, as I suspected, he didn't really get it! He immediately found an egg, opened it, then dropped his basket and inspected the piece of candy for the next minute or so. Finally I showed him another egg close by, and he did the same thing with that one. Then he dropped the eggs and just walked around with both candies for the rest of the time!
- We went to Jason's Deli for lunch. Just the two of us went; restaurants are VERY hard these days, especially when I go to meet friends. But he generally does okay as long as I can pay complete attention to him (and leave immediately when he gets obnoxious!). He enjoyed the gingerbread and cornbread muffins, and then we got ice cream for dessert. Our last time there was a couple of months ago, before we taught him how to use a spoon, and I've always just given him a few bites of ice cream from my spoon. So I didn't even think to get him his own spoon and bowl. So we shared, and what a mess we made! Of course I filled my bowl full of ice cream, which was a mistake. He'd stick the spoon in, and pull out quite a bit (most of which fell onto his shirt and pants before ending up in his mouth). I had to just laugh at it (and I DID clean up after us.....I imagine those workers get so tired of all the messes that kids make). He also put on a show for a mom and her teen-age son sitting next to us. He loves to get attention from strangers when he's in a good mood!
- We went to the library for a festival. The activities were mostly for older kids, but the most fun part was when Clifford and Lilly the Mouse (I've never heard of her before) came inside and walked past where we were standing. They had been outside taking pictures with kids, and they came in to take a break. Clifford came right over to Grant in his stroller and waved at him, and Grant just smiled and smiled! He bent down so Grant could touch him and stayed there for a while. Grant loved it.....he tried to hug him, and he reached out for Clifford to pick him up!! This was a shock to me. He did the same thing with Lilly, but he definitely liked Clifford better.
With all the difficult times I have with Grant these days, it's fun to have moments like these every once in a while!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment