It's been 9 days since I've posted! With Easter weekend and a hectic week this week, I just haven't found the time.
Last weekend, my parents came in to watch Grant while Dean and I went to Chad and Kristen's wedding on Saturday. We had such a wonderful time at the wedding (it was beautiful!!), and just getting to spend the day together....it was a long drive up there and back, but it was great getting to talk without having to keep Grant happy in the backseat! And he actually did SO WELL with my parents.....my mom said he never cried the entire time (10am to 4:30pm), and he went down for his naps easily. We've never had anyone else put him to sleep, so this was a relief!
Grant did a little Easter egg hunt in our living room on Easter morning. He loved it! I "hid" some eggs the night before, and he loved finding each one and looking to see what was inside. He got to eat a little bit of candy and a bunch of graham crackers, so of course he had fun! He still doesn't quite understand the concept of finding them and placing them into his basket, though.
On Monday, my good friend Karen came down and the three of us went to Tookie's (a hamburger place) for lunch. Grant did so well! I was surprised when I found that it had table service only (we usually stay away from these places), but we sat next to a window so he could see the cars driving by. He also got a lot of attention from some girls sitting next to us. Karen and I actually got to have a normal conversation and he never really got fussy, so that was wonderful! Afterwards, though, we went to World Market, where I wanted to look at some furniture. He doesn't seem to like that place much! Since it opened a week ago, we've been there three times. All three times, he's been a bad boy in there!
On Tuesday, we went to my friend Amanda's house, and Grant played with her 17-month old son Connor. We had a lot of fun.....Connor has a neat red car that they loved to get into and out of. They still don't interact much at this age....but at one point, Connor was sitting in the car and Grant was handing him things and they were babbling to one another. It was cute! But......one time Amanda answered the phone and I showed the boys a book; Connor came over and sat in my lap, and Grant was NOT happy about that! He came and kinda shoved Connor, as if to say "this is MY mommy!" These situations do not bode well for our situation 6 months from now! Anyway, it was so nice to have adult conversation two days in a row!!
Yesterday we had a really fun morning. After Dean left for work, we went to the donut place for breakfast, just for something different (and because I had a coupon!). We ate kolaches and I had a donut too. Then afterwards, we took a walk along Clear Lake City Blvd, where there's a nice sidewalk quite a ways from the street, but close enough so Grant could see all the cars driving by. He loves looking and pointing at cars these days, and it was fun just doing something out of the ordinary.
Today we went to a play place with a group of girls and their kids. I ended up buying a 30-day pass, and I think I should easily get my money's worth out of it. They have a lot of great toys that we don't have, and like I've said, I get so bored being at home sometimes! I think our group will go every Friday, and then Grant and I can just stop by for an hour or so every once in a while.
Whew!! I will post some pictures later....now it's time to lay down (once I give Grant his pacifier.....he's been crying for about 20 minutes and I'm assuming that's why....).
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org. Best wishes, Rebecca
Post a Comment