Saturday, March 8, 2008

LONG week

Dean is still at work, at almost 9pm on Saturday night. He got in at 1am this morning and had to be back up there at 8am. Poor thing....since last Saturday, he has only been home before Grant's bedtime one day (Thursday). And the night before that, he got in at 2:50am! Wow! It's been hard on both of us.....I am extremely tired right now (due to the pregnancy), so taking care of Grant all day, with no breaks or help, has been so exhausting. Thankfully the past couple of days he's taken really good naps in the afternoon, so I've been able to lay on the couch and rest too. A lot of chores aren't getting done, but I guess those can wait!

A couple of funny things happened on Thursday that I wanted to share before I forget. Like I'm sure most 15 month old boys, Grant has been incredibly mischievous lately (Leah used the same word to describe Evan on her blog and I had been thinking the exact same word to describe Grant!). Thursday morning was really nice and warm, but I knew a cold front was coming that afternoon. So I let Grant play outside in the backyard for over an hour that morning, as I came in and out and tried to get a few things done in the house and garage. Well, we have an old kitty litter box that Dean had washed out and laid face-down (thankfully) on the edge of the porch. While we were out there, it had started raining a bit, off and on. I walked outside one time to find Grant with his face pressed into the litter box, licking the water that had gathered on the top! Yuck!! Like I said, at least it was face-down.

Anyway, a while later, we had come inside and eaten lunch, and I was trying to do a load of laundry. So while Grant was playing in the living room, I was moving clothes into the dryer and thought I heard the fireplace door open. I walked out and saw Grant covered in soot, holding a fake piece of firewood (which he promptly reached out his hand to give to me as I came closer, as he does most of the time when he's caught red-handed with something he's not supposed to have!). The soot (is this the right word when you have a gas fireplace?) was all over his outfit and his hands, and then he started stepping on pieces of it that had fallen onto the floor. What a mess! That stuff is hard to clean up too.....but what can I say? It was really our fault for not tying up the doors so he couldn't go in them.

0 comments: