Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SIngle mom this week....and Election Day!

Dean has been working some CRAZY hours these past five days.....you'd think he's an auditor in the middle of busy season! He was called up to the plant on Saturday at noon, and also ended up going on Sunday (both for about 6 hours). Monday, Tuesday and tonight he's gotten home later and later....Monday he left work at 8pm, last night it was 9pm, and he thinks it'll be more like 10pm tonight. He asked me last night how it felt being a single parent!

Grant has actually been doing okay the past few days.....he hasn't gone down for naps incredibly easily, but he's only cried for 20, then 10 minutes for his afternoon nap. Today we actually went up into town. I LOVE doing that! I miss living up there so badly, and it's really fun to make the drive and explore some places that we don't visit every day. I was thinking today that I'm going to try to go once a week. Today was beautiful, so we played outside for an hour at the Allen Pkwy park (near downtown), then we went shopping for a couple of hours and ate dinner at Hermann Park (where Dean and I got engaged.....another favorite spot). Grant, of course, loves being outside.....he just runs around the entire time! I will post some pictures once I get them uploaded to the computer.

Also.....I proudly voted for Hillary yesterday!! I'm not using the term "proudly" to mean that I like her AT ALL (anyone who knows me knows this!), but I joined the ranks of republicans who switched over in the primary to vote on the Democratic ticket in order to throw a wrench in Democrats' strategy. My dad completely disagreed with that line of thinking, and thought it was best to vote for Obama and get rid of Hillary while she's vulnerable. That is a valid point, but I think I'm honestly more afraid of Obama than I am Hillary. His cult following these past few weeks has been shocking....how can so many people blindly follow a man who they know NOTHING about!? If you ask 95% of his followers to name one thing he's done, I don't think they could do it. Scary.

So anyway, apparently Hillary's big win last night had the desired effect of messing everything up for the democrats for now, which makes me happy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.