Well, ideally, this year for our anniversary Dean and I would have found a babysitter for Grant and had a nice, quiet dinner on our own. There's a girl who lives a few houses down who loves to babysit, but I haven't had a chance yet to invite her over and to let Grant get used to her. So we just took him with us again this year! We went to Kemah and had a pretty good time. We sat outside on the patio at a Mexican restaurant, and Grant sat in his stroller and looked at the boats and the birds until our food came. He didn't eat too much and didn't have too much patience once he got in his seat, but we still were able to finish our dinner before he got too out of hand!
Here he's admiring all the boats going by:Dean gave him a taste of a chip with nacho cheese dip. He didn't like this first taste very much! But he ate a few bites afterwards and enjoyed it.
Here you can see a little bit of my pregnant belly....it's obvious enough now that when people see me (esp when I'm wearing maternity shirts like this one), they'll ask if I'm pregnant, when I'm due or whether Grant is having a brother or sister.
3rd Anniversary cake! White almond cake (and frosting) from the Cake Lady. Yum yum! It's really not what I need now, though....I have been eating way too many sweets lately!
Grant and I went to the beach yesterday in Galveston. We didn't stay for longer than about an hour, though.....it was SO windy! All of our bags were filled with sand, just from the wind blowing it so hard. So I think that made Grant a little apprehensive about the whole experience. He stood and played with his sand toys for a while, but didn't want to venture far from me (which isn't like him these days!). He never wanted to go anywhere near the water (very unlike last November, when he kept crawling into the water with no fear!).
After we had been there for a few minutes, the clouds went away and it got pretty sunny, so I put up our big umbrella. Well, we eventually moved down closer to the water, and for some reason the umbrella didn't stick as well down there. At one point, the wind lifted the umbrella out of the sand, and we watched as it did somersaults across the beach, up over the seawall and onto the street! A big truck came by and hit it, then it blew to the other side of the street. Oops! There was nothing I could do.....the wind blew it so fast, and there was no way I'd catch up to it, even if I wasn't holding Grant. He's not too crazy about hats these days!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment