When we bought our house in September, one of the things we loved the most about it was the landscaping. The previous owners did a lot of work and did a great job of keeping it maintained. Over this past winter, I was so afraid that I wasn't doing something I was supposed to do, and I didn't know if the flowers would even come back in the spring!
Well, everything out there looks beautiful right now, even though I've been somewhat negligent in keeping up with watering! Here are some pictures....
Butterfly irises:Red/yellow lantana:
Here's the bed in the middle of the back fence, with the irises, lantana, and hibiscus. The only things I'm worried about are the two rose bushes in front of the palm tree....they flowered a little, but they're not looking too good these days! The picture is probably too small, but you can also see some little trees along the opposite fence with pretty yellow trumpet flowers. We're not sure what this is yet!We have a huge gardenia bush in the back corner. This is what it looked like a week ago:
This is what it looked like yesterday! You can smell it from 10 feet away. I love it! I'm just not quite sure what to do with the flowers when they get yellow (as you can see on the picture).
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment