Here's a picture we took a couple of weeks ago after getting home from church. This was the first attempt (of six), and ended up being the best one! Grant has a confused look on his face because he can't figure out why the camera is beeping and flashing! After this first one, though, he lost interest and we couldn't get him to sit still.
A few random things about Grant from these past couple of weeks:
- I always heard from moms that toddlers go through weird eating phases, and we definitely have been in one of those! These past few days have been much better, but last week I got pretty frustrated. He wants to be moving around non-stop, so taking a break to eat seems (I think) pointless to him. He almost never asks for food (unless he sees chocolate somewhere!), and half of the time we have to shove him into his highchair, kicking and screaming! Foods that he used to love (scrambled eggs, bologna, bananas) he wouldn't eat....it seemed like every day he might eat a few bites of his breakfast, and then all he wanted to eat for lunch and dinner was cheese (and maybe a little pineapple). But he'd eat a piece of cheese and wouldn't even ask for more....he'd just play with his other food and then want down! He WAS drinking plenty of milk, so I really wasn't getting too worried. One thing I've realized: he's more likely to eat if he can feed himself....he loves to eat a bowl of cereal in the morning, and I'll pour yogurt into a bowl for dinner. He is actually doing very well with a spoon, and I think he likes the challenge!
- If we go outside and we ask if he wants to swing, he says "wee!" The entire time he swings, he'll say "wee!" over and over again. And it sounds like he has a country accent when he says it...it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do.
- If you ask him where something is, he'll lift up his hands, palms up, as if to say, "I don't know." I think he learned this from me, when we'll look around the house (or in the backyard) for the kitties, or Grant's shoes, or anything else.
- He loves to be held by Dean in the mornings, especially. Sometimes on weekends, I can't get him to leave Dean's arms and come to me! But at night (and any naptime), he only wants Mommy. I think it's because I tend to stay in his room and play with him while he's in his crib, instead of leaving the room right away.
- Related to this....when he gets in his crib, he always wants to grab and hold onto a finger while he goes to sleep. This is really sweet, but I can't let him grow to depend on that! It's really hard for me to tear myself away from him, but he usually only cries for a few seconds after I leave the room. He always throws his pacifier out of his crib in defiance as I'm leaving, and I'll throw it back in from across the room, just as I shut the door (so he can't throw it out again as I'm walking out!).
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment