It's been almost two weeks ago now since the boys and I went to the pumpkin patch. We had a nice cool Monday morning and decided to go. Last year Drew was so little, so pumpkin patches weren't tops on my priority list. I remember driving past the (very picked over) field a few days before Halloween last year and being mad at myself for not going sooner. So this year we went with plenty of time to spare.....and I think this particular church must have just gotten a new shipment of them.....there was hardly any room to walk or sit!
The boys had fun....Grant was being his outdoor self and running and jumping all over the place. He had fun collecting all of the small pumpkins in the wheelbarrow, and of course he wanted to play chase (meaning we chase him). He'd notice an especially large one and say, "look at this big pumpkin!" And he had fun jumping off the hay bales.
Drew was my photogenic one this year.....he's always loved being outside, but I think even more so now that he can walk. He was giddy just walking around exploring the place. Especially at the beginning, he was interested in the pumpkins, trying to move them and even trying to taste them. And I was able to make funny noises to get him to smile for the camera. It's actually very difficult taking a good smiling picture of Grant right now. In the first picture, I had asked him to stand next to Drew. He knows what this means.....he walks over, looks at the camera and says "cheese!" about three times before running off. But his "cheese" face never ends up being a very good smile!
I don't know what it is, but pumpkin pictures are just so darn cute. It probably has a lot to do with all the colors.....the green of the trees and grass and the bright orange of the pumpkins.....it just makes for a great background. For me, I have to take some pictures and then step back and just enjoy watching the boys for a while. My tendency is to take pictures every second because the place just lends itself to great photos!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
Great pics!
Post a Comment