A few of you already know this.....and I'm WAY late in posting it now. I'm pregnant! We wanted three kids, but we weren't planning on getting pregnant quite as early as we did. So right now I'm 14 weeks along, which is unbelievable to me.....it feels like I just found out a few weeks ago. Pretty much as soon as I found out (early Feb), I started telling almost everyone I saw. People would casually ask how things are going, and I'd just blurt it out. But a couple of weeks ago I realized that most people who don't see me regularly still don't know!
I'm due October 18, so this will be our third fall baby (Sept, Oct and Nov!). Our original "plan" was to maybe have our third child about a year from now.....so we'd have a spring baby to mix things up a little (and to have a little bit more separation between these two). Drew will be turning 25 months shortly after the baby is born (he and Grant are 22 months apart).
I felt okay during the first trimester.....almost always tired and nauseous at times. Maybe a little worse than with the boys, but not too much. I actually didn't have as many strong food aversions as I did with the boys (those two pregnancies were almost exactly the same), and I have actually been ravenous most of the time! Pregnancy has always cleared my skin, but this time it seems to be making me have more breakouts.
People ask if I'm hoping for a girl this time and tell me they're hoping for a girl for me (which is slightly offensive, because it insinuates that a boy would be a disappointment, or that a family isn't complete unless it has a girl in it. But that's a whole other story....). Of course I would love a girl, and I had even ordered a book on how to get pregnant with one sex or another. We just hadn't really gotten around to trying yet. And about a week after I found out I was pregnant, I read through the book in detail and realized we pretty much did everything you're supposed to do for a boy! And now, I think I'm fine with that.....I watch my boys and think to myself, "how could I not want another one of these?" (Of course there are some days when I think, "what in the world was I thinking, wanting three kids?!") You hear about so many people going through anguishing health issues with their babies and kids, and it makes you realize that the sex really is secondary.
I saw a blog once (can't find it now, of course!) where every week of her pregnancy, the girl wrote about a few random things about her mental state, nursery progress, etc. They were different each week, and I thought it was so interesting. So ideally I will do something like that. Although here recently, it's been hard getting motivated to blog at all.....so we'll see!
January Lessons
10 years ago

13 comments:
Yay! Glad you finally shared with the blog world! You know I'm excited for you, and happy to hear that you haven't been feeling too awful. I've been wondering.
I am looking forward to many more updates!!!
Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!
Yay yay yay!!! So excited for you all, and very glad you're feeling alright. Can't wait to meet the newest little rascal or rascallette :)
Oh my goodness!!! I'm so excited for you, Alissa!!! How fun!! Can't wait to hear about everything and find out what this "rascal" will be! Congrats to you and Dean!!
Congratulations to you and Dean! I'm hoping that you join the all-boys club with me. :) It really is better than I thought it would be...very unique, and ALWAYS interesting! A girl would be fun too though, in a different way (which I know nothing about!). I'll be praying for an easy pregnancy and delivery for you, and I'm looking forward to reading about what's going on!
Alissa!!!!!! Congratulations!! It will be perfect, and I love all the fall birthdays. :) I knew you wanted 3, and while I would love to see you with your Molly, I know my sister loved her 3 boys to death - enough to try for a 4th. ;) SO, so happy for you guys. And slightly jealous - I really wish I was on my 3rd now - I'm just not sure I'm going to have the stamina to go through a 3rd pregnancy despite wanting 3 kiddos. Lots of love to this new little one!
I think this one just might be a girl since you pregnancy has been different from your last two. When I was preggers with Elizabeth, my face exploded and I was beyond exhausted. Just something to think about.... When do you find out the sex of the baby?
And what can I say, October 18th is the most fabulous day of them all! This is one lucky baby.
Wow! Congrats! Johnny and I are thrilled for you. Ava and Jake are 22 months apart like Grant and Drew so I know you are really going to be busy this fall. We will look to you guys for advice if/when we decide to have three children. :)
Congrats, Alissa!! Three babies -- how exciting!! I'll be excited to check back now and again to see any updates you post! It's been fun for me to have three boys -- at least I know (somewhat) how to 'handle' boys! I did have a moment or two where I wanted a girl, but I am so blessed to be a "boy mom". Children are such a blessing no matter the gender! I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes VERY smoothly!!
Congratulations Alissa! A couple of my girlfriends in my class are pregnant and due around the same time as you, so that will be fun having so many new babies around! And now I know why you haven't been able to make it to a ladies' night out! Hopefully you'll be feeling good enough to come soon!
Congratulations!!
Congratulations!
wow i havent come to yoru blog in a while ( i went to hs with leah btw; )) anyhoo CONGRATS!!!!! and hey i feel the exact opposite as you i always get the feeling that people think you arent a good wife if you dont get a boy...maybe thats bc i have two girls, hahahaha! either way good luck and congrats, that age difference sounds pretty perfect to me (mine are 19 months)...
Post a Comment