Thursday, April 1, 2010

Strawberry pictures

Riding in our wagon out to the fields (the wagon was a hit...all the kids wanted to pull each other around in it):

Twist, and pull!
Squish!
Look at all of those yummy red berries!
Drew was proud of all of his strawberries too, even though most of them were either squished or mostly green!

"No, Drew! You can't eat them until we pay for them!" (although he had eaten his fair share already)


Drew was so focused that I could hardly get him to look at the camera. Here's the closest I got to a smile!
We ate lunch with some friends after the strawberry picking and took pictures on this beautiful old tree:

Grant with some of his friends:If you live anywhere near Houston, Froberg's farm in Alvin is definitely worth a day trip at this time of year. They have homemade jams, fruit pies and other things in their market, and you can have a barbecue lunch out there too. I want to go back soon and take Dean with us!

6 comments:

CS said...

What a great activity! I know it was fun finally being able to be outside with the boys...

Sara said...

Oh dear lord, my mouth is watering. That looks like crazy fun! We'll have to find one of those around here somewhere!

Lisa Smith said...

Alissa--Your blog header is a riot! I needed a good chuckle today and it delivered!!

Your boys are so cute and I'm guessing a handful?!? My boys keep me running and I'm best friends with the 43-minute nap...***sigh*** and because he had one today, he's in his bed crying right now!

How far is the strawberry patch from CS? Looks fun, colorful and yummy!

Maybe it's because I'm so old or because my memory was removed with my surgery in February but tell me how I know you. Weren't you in college not too long ago? Please don't judge, just help an old lady!

love, lisa

kelli said...

Yay strawberry season! Ours is a few weeks away still but I CAN'T WAIT. We go about once a week as long as they are ripe...how many jars of jam can I fit in the moving van??
Cute, cute boys you have Alissa. Oh and I think the farmers must factor toddler eaters into the price -there's just no way to go strawberry picking with little ones and not have them eat their way through the patch! :)

Kier's Serendipity said...

Looks like you had a blast! Enjoy the fresh fruit!

Rebecca & Tucker said...

I love fresh strawberries! Are you going to make some jam? That's the best! We go raspberry picking each September here, but I haven't found a strawberry place yet. Your boys look so cute and happy in these pictures!