Drew is constantly taking boxes out of our pantry and opening them. And he just doesn't give up; he'll grab a box of cake mix and tear it open before I grab it away from him. Then he immediately turns around to grab a box of au gratin potatoes, or cereal, or whatever happens to be within his reach. I try to remember to shut the pantry door but inevitably I forget. Very often!
His favorite has been the oversized box of Bisquick I bought at Sam's a few months ago. I'll walk into the kitchen and catch him crouched over it, dipping his finger in to get tastes of it. And he always goes back for more, so I guess it tastes good to him?! He won't eat mac and cheese or scrambled eggs (among many other things), but he likes Bisquick powder?
Trying to give me a taste....
He was so proud of himself and having a grand old time, because he was misbehaving and actually being rewarded for it (by me taking pictures of him.....but he just looked so cute that I couldn't resist).
The really gross part of this story was that a few days ago (about 10 days after I took these pictures and subsequently stuck the box way up out of Drew's reach), we decided to have pancakes for dinner. I opened the Bisquick box to see little black bugs crawling all around inside. Eeewww! I really hope they found their way into it after Drew's little feeding frenzy....
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Yikes! They are probably weevils and while not harmful to Drew, they are pretty gross. You need to check other powders in your pantry (flour, rice, pasta, sugar) to see if they have made their way to anything else.
Ha ha ha! This is hilarious. Livi (thankfully) hasn't made it a habit of getting into everything just yet.
GIRLFRIEND!!! that reminds me of you opening brownie mixes and eating the dry mix out of the package... funny...
Post a Comment