Monday, June 14, 2010

Some recent funny moments with Grant....

1) When Drew does something wrong, Grant usually takes it upon himself to correct him (by yelling at him, slapping his hand, or threatening him with spankings). I always have to tell Grant, "just mind your own business. Mommy will handle Drew."

Last week the boys were watching Aladdin (Grant's been asking constantly to watch movies, and I've been giving in way too much....but I'm tired and pregnant, so I have an excuse!). It was near the end when Aladdin was fighting Jafar, and Drew stood up and started pointing his finger indignantly at the screen saying, "no! no!" (yelling at Jafar, I'm assuming). It was so funny.....Grant stood up and said to Drew, "no, I'll handle this."

2) A couple of days ago the boys were playing in the living room, and I told Grant, "I'm going upstairs for a minute, okay? Let me know if you need something." So while I was upstairs I heard Grant talking to Drew. He was on one side of their little kitchen, and Drew was playing on the other side. Grant told Drew, "I'm right over here, Drew, so just let me know if you need anything. Okay?"

3) Like most three-and-a-half year old boys, Grant is totally into anything related to pirates, knights or swords. One of his most requested movies right now is "The Little Wormaid," I think largely because there are scenes of shipwrecks under the water, and because Prince Eric is on a "pirate ship" (according to Grant) before his boat gets shipwrecked and Ariel rescues him.

He'll put on his shoes and tell me that he needs to go outside (to the backyard) to his "pirate ship" (our swingset) because "Eric is waiting for me." One time he was sitting up in the fort, and he pointed right next to him and told me, "Eric is sitting here next to me, see?"

4) A few days ago at breakfast he said, "I want the baby to come out." I said, "the baby's not ready to come out yet. It's not big enough yet, but it'll come out in another few months." He asked, "but where's the door?"

5) Today he told me he had a headache, and he said, "I'm just feeling like I'm dying."

6) Many times he resists washing his hands after going potty. Today he went pee-pee and came out of the bathroom, and I asked if he'd washed his hands. He said in a frustrated voice, "but I go pee-pee on my leg, not my hands!"

5 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

those are hilarious!!! The door one is great. Hopefully the baby questions won't get more specific!

katy said...

#4: hahahahahahaha!!!!

Summer Says... said...

Oh my - these are hilarious!

ClintandGina said...

ha ha! Always love the Grant stories. "Where's the door" is the best :)

Yee Peng said...

Enjoyed reading this thoroughly!