I can't believe that I'm already almost into my third trimester. It feels like I should still be 15 weeks pregnant. On Sunday, I realized that it was the 18th and I was exactly three months away from my due date. Completely hard to believe.....
Baby's size: Apparently the size of a cauliflower (what?!). She weighs a little over 2 pounds and her lungs are developed enough that she'd be able to survive if she was born now (I am always relieved when I get to this point in my pregnancies....knowing that if something were to happen, the baby could survive outside the womb).
How I feel: BIG! All of a sudden I'm feeling like a big pregnant woman (reminding me that I'm getting closer to the end, as hard as it is to believe). Painting my toenails and picking something up off the floor are much harder than they used to be. The boys don't fit on my lap as easily as they used to. Also, getting up from the floor is harder....if I try to sit up too fast, sometimes I'll strain the muscles in my belly and it hurts like crazy for a minute or two.
Movement: All the time! I love it! It's so much fun feeling those kicks and nudges. In the past couple of weeks she's gotten big enough that I can feel her kicking on both sides of my belly at the same time. She seems to be less active in late morning/early afternoon, but I notice her moving a lot in the evenings (or maybe I just notice it more then because that's when I have time to actually sit still).
What I miss the most: I am SO tired of wearing the same clothes! I have about five t-shirts that I wear over and over and over again (also a few dressy shirts and some tank tops). And I have two pairs of shorts and a denim skirt. A few weeks ago I considered buying some new maternity clothes, but for what? This is most likely my last pregnancy, so it seems like a bit of waste of money.
What the boys think: They really don't talk about the baby unless I bring it up. If Grant is jumping on the couch, he'll sometimes jump over me and say, "I didn't jump on the baby." (He knows it's a big no-no to jump on me right now). A few days ago Drew pointed to my stomach and I couldn't tell if he said "baby" or "bee-bo" (meaning belly button). I really don't think he has any clue about the baby.
Something interesting: Last week at Home Depot, I walked by the cash registers where two ladies were standing there with no customers. I said hello as I walked by. When I walked back, one of them stopped me and asked if I was having a girl. I said yes, and she said that they assumed so because I was carrying the baby so low. It's so strange, because when I was pregnant with the boys, nobody ever guessed I was having a girl. And people used the same rationale: that I was carrying low! I think I'm carrying the baby just about the same as before, but it's interesting to be that nobody has ever gotten the baby's sex wrong, between all three pregnancies!
Biggest frustration: I am still so tired SO much of the time. The summer is flying by fast, and I'm thankful for that. But the boys are really testing my patience and fighting a lot these days. It's so frustrating and embarrassing taking them in public....it seems to be getting worse. And at home, I just can't ever seem to sit down for more than two minutes before one of them needs something or I'm having to break up a fight. The days are VERY long, and sometimes I resent that I can't rest more or do more planning for this baby. I guess that's just reality when you are pregnant with your third and there's no family around to help!
I hosted a fun baby shower this past weekend at our house with some friends, so hopefully I will post some pictures of that later this week. And tomorrow, Drew will be 22 months old. Grant turned 22 months old four days before Drew was born. I'm so glad I have a few more months this time!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Yay, I'm glad everything is going so well. You look really gorgeous!
You look so cute!! I looked absolutely terrible when I was pregnant... blame it on the 9 months of morning sickness.
You look absolutely lovely! I can't wait to hear all about the next three months. October babies just rock. That's all I have to say about that!
Post a Comment