Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Haircuts, etc.

Just a few pictures, because I know I haven't posted any in a while.  Grant didn't nap today; he came out of his room twice and I finally gave up and just told him to stay in there and play until his CD was finished.  Now he's just playing around upstairs while I try to get a few things done.  Some days he naps great, but every once in a while he'll totally skip it, like today.  I guess he's closer to four now, so I should have expected this to happen around now.....

The boys got haircuts about two weeks ago.   They desperately needed them.  It's funny.....I always get used to their longer hair while they have it, but then after their haircuts I look back at pictures taken just a few days before and I'm a little embarrassed that I let it grow so long! 


 The boys are always coming up with silly games (especially when Daddy's around).  Here they stood on top of the guest bed, holding hands, and Dean would pull the quilt out from underneath them.  Sounds extremely safe, I know!  But they had a blast and nobody got hurt. 

I took a couple of pics of Drew after getting home from the hospital last Tuesday.  He's wearing his hospital pajamas and not in the happiest of moods.  He took Kitty and Brownie with him to the hospital and didn't want to go anywhere without them while he was there.

Feeling much better the next morning!  Buzz Lightyear is almost another one of his "lovey" toys right now....not as much as the other two, but he likes to tote Buzz around with him a lot.

Grant found this old Mardi Gras necklace that entertained the boys for a few days.  Drew came into the baby's room on Saturday wearing the necklace and his new Alabama cap (Nana and Papa brought one for both boys when they visited).  Dean turned his cap around and he looked like a little rapper! 

 By the way, here you can also see a little bit of the baby's bedding and the wall color, which we just painted this weekend.  I wanted to steer away from a Pepto Bismol pink (it's so hard to tell what it's going to look like from those little cards), and I couldn't decide for about a day whether I liked this pink or not.  It's called "Rosy Outlook" and was much more muted than some truer pinks that we were comparing it with.  Now I've decided that I like it....it's definitely pink but not extremely bright.  We have brown curtains in the room already, so I think it looks nice.  I'll post some more pictures of it later.....we still need a dresser and I need to hang some things on the wall, so the room is far from finished!

3 comments:

Sara said...

OMG I love the rapper shot; so cute!

I like the pink! And I'm impressed you already have your bedding: where did you get it?

Megan Bennett said...

I love that last picture of Drew!

Life On Maple Lane said...

The rapper picture makes me laugh!

Check out my blog, I gave you an award!