My parents are staying at a time-share in Galveston this week, so Grant and I went down on Monday to spend the day with them. I took his bathing suit because it was supposed to be fairly warm that day. It was overcast that morning, but by the time we ate lunch (at The Spot....a really good hamburger place right on the seawall) and went to the beach, it had cleared up and was really nice outside. We didn't put Grant's swimsuit on before going out there, since we went straight from the restaurant.
Well, we laid our blanket down and I sat Grant down, thinking he'd just sit and play with the sand for a while. His first trip to the beach was in May (when he was 6 months old), and he was terrified of the water....he clung to us the entire time! What a difference 6 months makes! From the moment I sat him down, he tore off towards the water....like a turtle going back to sea, my mom said! I thought for sure when he got closer and the water started washing up onto him, he'd freak out. But nope, he loved it! He splashed and played like it was a giant bathtub! He kept trying to go farther and farther, so my mom held his hands as he tried to walk out. She'd lift him up by his hands as the waves came up, and he thought that was so funny!
We tried a couple of times to bring him back up to play in the sand, but he just wanted to be in the water. It was so funny and unexpected, especially after his first trip to Galveston in May. We finally took off his drenched clothes and left him in a diaper, but I never even bothered changing him into his swimsuit.
After about an hour, we got ready to leave and he just crashed in his carseat....he fell asleep on the way back to my parents' condo, and stayed asleep until we got home (when he got a nice bath!).Going back out to the water!
Enjoying some water after a tough day's work:
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment