We had a little birthday party here at our house on the Saturday before Grant's birthday. We had a great time.....I think Grant enjoyed most of it, although he had one big crash while he was crawling across the room, and cried for a few minutes! I think he missed his hand and fell onto his face, which he does every once in a while (especially when he's tired). But he enjoyed "playing" with a few of the other kids who were here. It's just funny when babies have one-year birthday parties; they have absolutely no idea that all of this fuss is for them!
His favorite part of the night was the birthday cake. I made a little cake for him, and he just LOVED it! We've given him quite a few tastes of dessert in the past couple of months, and of course he loves anything sweet (just like his mom and dad, and most babies!). So I had a feeling that he'd dig right into it, and he did! He picked at the frosting for a second, then tried a little bit of it. Then he proceeded to feed himself one handful after another for about 5 minutes, without taking much of a break. I think he started to get a little tummy ache, though....all of a sudden he started crying and wanted out of that chair immediately!
Another thing that was pretty neat: to eat his cake, Grant sat in my parents' "Babee Tenda" chair that's been in our family for almost 60 years! I think my dad was the first one to spend his first birthday in it, followed by all of his sisters. Rob and I also ate our first birthday cake in it, and Evan (Grant's cousin) sat in there for his first birthday in September. I think it's a pretty neat tradition!
I will try to come back later and add a few more party pictures.....I gotta post this now because Grant is awake and we need to get ready for church. Also, I will hopefully get some pictures up this afternoon from our great trip to Alabama this week!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment