Friday, January 25, 2008

What a difference a year makes! Yesterday Grant and I went to get the Nissan inspected at CarSpa. It's a chain, but isn't located in many places (I had to find their website yesterday morning to check what time they opened). That's such a shame, because it's about the nicest place you can go to wait while your car is being worked on. It far surpasses any of those dirty, hole-in-the-wall lube/inspection joints; this place is huge and super clean inside, with a coffee bar (free of charge). There's also a big area with kids' playground-type equipment, with slides, a playhouse, etc. And there are windows along one wall that allow you to watch the cars as they go through the car wash. There's even a little landing area with steps for little kids to go up and watch!

Well, we went there last January to get the car inspected, and of course Grant was only about 6 weeks old then. He, of course, slept the entire time, and I remember seeing the play equipment and thinking he was nowhere near being able to enjoy that stuff. Well, this time he definitely was! He loved exploring it all, and he rode down the slides and was amazed by the little playhouse. The entire time we were there, he was moving! At one point, Great Day Houston (a local talk show) was on the TV, and Grant walked up to it just as they were doing a segment on women's bras. He put his hand on the TV right as it went to a full shot of one of the models, wearing only a bra and underwear! I really don't think he meant anything by it, but I was a little embarrassed and was glad to see that nobody saw him!

It was really rainy out yesterday so nobody was getting their cars washed....I think he would have loved to watch them get sprayed and scrubbed by those machines! But we got a rain check for our free car wash, so we will have to go back soon and see what he thinks of it.

0 comments: