This pregnancy is flying by fast! As of last Friday, I was 13 weeks along. I'm still feeling VERY tired, but hopefully it will start to subside soon. I like being a morning person, and I used to wake up around the same time as Dean. While he got ready for work, I'd make his lunch and get things done that are hard to do when Grant's awake. But over the last 6 weeks or so, I've had to drag myself out of bed, and I can't seem to even do that until I hear Grant awake in his crib (around 7am)! This leaves me feeling a little behind all morning, because I don't really have any free time before he wakes up. And of course every afternoon, I'm just dying for Grant to take a nap so I can lay down! So like I said, hopefully I'll start having more energy soon. I have noticed that the nausea is subsiding a little.....I realized that I never felt nauseous yesterday! It's never too bad, but I'll just have a few short waves of nausea throughout the day. So although it's not too bad, hopefully it will subside altogether soon.
Last Wednesday, Dean and I (and Grant) went to my OB for my monthly appointment. We also had an ultrasound, as part of a three-part test to screen for certain birth defects. Almost immediately after the technician began the ultrasound, we heard the heartbeat on her doppler monitor.....it was very loud and unexpected! But it was very reassuring to hear that, especially when we didn't even know she was looking for it! We saw the baby moving around a lot....it only measured 66mm (from crown to rump), so it's still so small, but it was amazing how much it was squirming around in there! She couldn't make a good guess about the sex, but she pointed to "something," as she referred to it. She said she couldn't guess what that might turn into, but it makes me think we may be having another boy.
We had to go back to the waiting room again after the ultrasound, to wait for my normal appt with my doctor. Grant had a great time.....he walked all over the place and played peek-a-boo with people. As long as he's not confined, he tends to do okay in public!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment