Friday, October 10, 2008

Just a quick post to say that I won't be able to update more pictures for at least the next couple of days, as I said I'd try to do. Last weekend, I noticed that my pain had gotten a little worse and that one of my stitches had come unattached (yuck!). I finally got in to see my doctor yesterday afternoon, and he said he needed to stitch it back up. I expected that this could be done in his office (after all, all he used to stitch me up the first time was some local anesthetic). But instead, he had me come to the Surgery Center (next to the hospital) this morning for the procedure. I was put completely to sleep, which I guess was good because I didn't feel anything this time (and I hate the feeling of being stitched up!). This afternoon, though, I have been SO sore.....right now I am sitting on my knees on the floor checking email and writing this, because I don't want to sit at the computer chair! I feel like I'm starting all over again, but hopefully this time it will only take a few days.

Dean did so well with the boys today.....he dropped me off and came home with them, and was by himself with them for a couple of hours before coming to pick me up. Poor thing.....he is so tired these days because he spends a full day at work (which is fairly stressful these days), then comes home and has almost full responsibility for Grant for the rest of the night. And today he was taking care of me AND Grant (Drew still sleeps for most of the day, so I was still able to take care of him when he needed it). Anyway, Dean has been such a good help and I am so thankful for him!!!

Hopefully I will get to work on uploading pictures again in the next few days.......

2 comments:

Sara said...

Aw man - sorry to hear about this; Hope you're feeling better soon. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands! I have NO idea how single moms do it.

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry! That is very painful! If you need ANY help, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!!!