Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Two Week Checkup

This is Drew's crying/fussing face.....I thought it was an appropriate picture for his first doctor's checkup. He only got one shot (in his heel), but he still didn't care for it too much!

Here are his stats and percentiles:

Drew:
Length: 21.5 inches (78%)
Weight: 9 lbs, 3 oz (61%)
Head circumference: 14 1/4 inches (29%)

I thought these measurements were similar to Grant's at this age, so I looked in Grant's notebook when I got home and found his two-week measurements:

Grant:
Length: 22 inches (88%)
Weight: 9 lbs, 3 oz (61%)
Head circumference: 14 1/4 inches (29%)

Crazy!! I remembered that Grant's head was small for his age at this point too.....it's so funny that they measured exactly the same, except Grant was 1/2 inch longer. I guess it's good that my babies have small heads at birth, or else I probably would've torn even more than I did!

Our doctor was very happy with Drew's weight gain....he already weighs almost a pound more than his birth weight! She said everything else looks good. This seems like a rerun of Grant's first couple of weeks.....I've noticed Drew choking and gasping for air at times while he's eating (or shortly afterwards), so I asked her about that. Sure enough, she thinks that he probably has some reflux issues just like Grant did. With Grant, we never put him on any medicine (like Zantac) because even though he spit up a ton, it never seemed to bother him. And the same seems to be true with Drew.....he gags and spits up some, but it doesn't seem to irritate his throat at this point. So she told me to keep him upright for 15 minutes after eating, just like we did with Grant.

I will try to post more pictures tomorrow.....Grant has been doing some very cute (and some very mischevious) things lately! And he's been enjoying Mother's Day Out so much.....but more about that later......

Thanks to everyone for all of your nice comments and emails!! I am finally feeling less sore and am able to sit at the computer desk for longer periods, so I will try to return them soon.....

4 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE that face - too cute :) He's such a doll!

Thanks for your well wishes! I'm at 22 weeks right now - funny how with my first pregnancy I usually knew to the day how far along I was. This time I find myself having to count backwards every time I want to try and remember.

Thanks for adding my blog to your list - that means a lot. I've added you as well :) It'll be fun to keep up with your new little one while I'm getting ready for mine.

Lindsay said...

too cute!!! funny how alike they are!! my girls are a lot alike in size, too! don't get too overwhelmed, it gets easier, i promise!!

Summer Says... said...

Alissa - Congratulations! I have been meanting to email forever, but things have been so crazy (and I'm not the one with 2 kids - so it almost seems asinine to say it!). Anyway - Drew is such a beautiful little boy and Grant is precious! I love the picture of them holding hands! How sweet! I hope things continue to go well for all of you :-)

Summer

Kristen said...

He is so beautiful, and you're doin great! I'm SO glad Grant is liking MDO - what a blessing that it's going smoothly. And great timing. :)