It's hard to believe that Drew is already two weeks old!! We're still having a wonderful time and he still seems to be a fairly laid-back, easy baby. I've just been telling people that I feel like I'm constantly in survival mode (when Dean's at work and I'm alone with the two boys). When I'm not feeding Drew or carrying him around, I try to spend time with Grant. And when Grant sleeps, I try to hold Drew and spend time with him. I think it will be really hard for me not to feel guilty that I'm not spending good time with each of them.
But I've been so thankful that Grant has taken all of this very well. We have our bad moments when he decides he doesn't want me to hold the baby, but overall he hasn't been resentful to me (which I was scared of!). He has really attached himself to Dean (the other night he wanted Dean to put him to bed when given a choice, which made me kind of sad!), but he still is always happy to play with me. And the past few days, he has asked for Drew to lay down next to him on his couch....he lays there and holds his hand and stares at him.....it's very cute!
This weekend was crazy......Grant got a cold last week, and Dean and I both woke up feeling bad on Saturday. Then on Saturday night, Drew started sounding really congested. He's sneezing and having a hard time breathing at times, which is so sad for a two-week old! But he's handling it better than I expected. We'll go in tomorrow for his two-week checkup.
One of the things I've realized in these first two weeks is that it is MUCH harder to find time for myself now that I have two kids! I have so much more respect now for moms of multiple kids....I don't know how you all have time to blog and email and do anything on the computer for longer than 5 minutes at a time! If not for Mother's Day Out, I don't know when I'd have time for anything!
Our first family picture.....taken on Friday, Sept 26. Grant still wasn't sure about Drew and wasn't in the mood for a picture!
Cute picture of Grant.....he runs across the yard and falls on the ground (on purpose)....so fun!Daddy and his boys, dressed up for Alabama football:
Drew's first bath, on Saturday, Sept 27 (he obviously didn't enjoy it much!):
Grant admiring his little brother.....like I said, he likes for Drew to lay down next to him on his Elmo couch!Not quite holding him, but close!!
Grant eating a cereal bar and checking out his little brother again:Giving Drew a kiss the other night (after being prompted, of course!)
January Lessons
10 years ago
5 comments:
I love the pictures of them together. :-) I must say that my nephews are precious!!
Wow! Look at Drew's beautiful dark hair. What a gorgeous family you have. ;)
Those are so cute! I love the one of the Grant in the grass. I also like Drew's overalls in the last one. What precious boys! We can't wait to finally see them...praying everyone is healthy:)
Yeah! I am so glad I checked your blog. I am so happy that things are going well - I am sure that you are spending great quality time with both boys. They both look pretty happy! Love the pictures. Margaret
What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment