First......I am finally learning what it's really like to be a mom of two kids.....I feel like I have NO free time! Before I write about Drew, I want to share this fun news, which I've been meaning to do since last weekend but haven't had time to sit down at the computer for more than a couple of minutes.
Dean's sister Corie and her boyfriend Pat got engaged last Friday!! We are so excited for them. Pat came here last Thursday for the day (from Alabama!), so we were able to see the ring. It's absolutely beautiful, and looks exactly like something Corie would pick out (which apparently she did, without knowing that Pat knew!).
Pat said he might propose over the weekend, but apparently he couldn't wait......Dean called Corie on Friday afternoon and Pat had already popped the question! If you want to read the full story, click on Corie's blog from our Links List (Bluebonnets and Bouncy Balls.....see her post from Oct 26).
Congratulations, guys!!!!! Here's a picture of Corie and Pat with Grant when he was about 5 months old:
Like I said before, things seem busy now! My mom came into town two weeks ago (and stayed the week), then Dean's parents were here last week. It was so nice having them here to help watch Grant.....and he loved having so many people to play with! So this Monday was the first day I was alone with the two boys in a couple of weeks. We haven't had any catastrophes yet, but it takes us a lot longer to get out of the house than it used to! And it seems like every time we go out, I inevitably forget something I really need (like a burp cloth, pacifier, one of the boys' diaper bags, etc).
But we are doing well.....Drew still sleeps a lot, and he is getting so much bigger! People still say he looks tiny, but I think he probably weighs over 11 pounds now (just a guess, but it's been three weeks since he weighed a little over 9lbs at two weeks). I look at him and I think he looks pudgy and SO much longer!
And he LOVES to be held.....in fact, many times he has a hard time sleeping if he's not in someone's arms! This can get a little bit frustrating.....he'll be sound asleep when I lay him down, and many times he'll stir and wake up after a few minutes. And he doesn't sleep nearly as well as Grant did in his carseat. When Grant was this young, I could take him out to run errands and he'd sleep for hours in his carseat/stroller. Yesterday Drew and I went to the mall, and I ended up carrying him around with me for most of the trip! But I do still love holding him.....I am enjoying my little guy so much!
At five weeks old, there aren't a whole lot of milestones to report! But he can hold his head up fairly well now.....he really looks like a bobblehead doll! And he's increasingly alert when he's awake.....he turns his head and gets fascinated by the TV (for a minute or so!). And he hasn't smiled yet, but he'll make some cute cooing noises and gets visibly more excited when you make eye contact and talk to him.
Anyway, here are some pictures from the past two weeks, while Grandma, Nana and Papa were visiting:
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment