Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Three-week update

Everyone is asleep but I wanted to write a quick update about how things have been going in the past ten days or so. I'm just loving having my sweet little Drew.....I spend so much time holding him (maybe I am spoiling him, but I don't really care!). He is still a fairly easy baby.....he eats well, still sleeps A LOT (more than Grant did at three weeks, I think), and makes so many funny noises! He loves to be held and would sleep in my arms all day (with breaks for eating) if I let him!! In the past couple of days, though, he's had quite a bit of awake/alert time.....and when he's awake now, he looks around and is much more observant than he used to be. Like I said, he loves to be held.....but sometimes when I need to do something, I'll lay him down in his swing or Papasan chair after he falls asleep. Many times he wakes up only 20 minutes later, or sometimes sooner! Then almost as soon as I pick him up, he's out like a light! So like I said, maybe I am spoiling him by holding him a lot. But right now, I just love holding him....and I know that I didn't even really enjoy Grant's newborn stage because I was always so worried I was doing something wrong! So right now I'm just enjoying holding my little guy as much as I can.

We've started using the pacifier a little bit....sometimes when he's awake before it's time to eat, he gets uncomfortable and fussy, and a pacifier usually seems to help. But he still rarely cries.....he usually fusses when he needs something or is uncomfortable, but he has to get really angry before he starts wailing!

Here is a picture after bathtime about a week ago.....trying to suck on his hand: Asleep after his bath....his hair only looks this nice for about 2 hours after his bath before getting greasy again!
He's awake!!


Asleep on Mommy.....his favorite pasttime!

Grant has been handling his new little brother MUCH better than I'd expected, although he still isn't too sure whether he likes him or not. Sometimes he wants to be a good helper.....he'll try to stuff Drew's pacifier in his mouth, or he'll try to give him a piece of candy or one of his toys. But other times (when he's already in a bad mood, especially), he'll pull Drew's blanket off or try to take a slap at him. And I don't understand this one.....for some reason, whenever Drew is propped up with pillows on the couch, Grant will come up and pull the pillows out from underneath him! But many times, he'll grab his hand and hold it, or he'll want Drew to lay down next to him. Those moments are really sweet!

Grant has also been doing SO well at Mother's Day Out! He didn't cry at all on Tuesday when my mom and I dropped him off....he waved good-bye to us! His teachers say that he always does well and that he loves to be the class's line leader.....I would love to be a fly on the wall in his classroom sometimes! He has apparently been sleeping during naptime (amazing!). And they always remark about how touchy he is.....he's always rubbing on someone's arm or hand, especially when he's tired. His teacher Lisa said that even in the buggy ride, he'll reach over to the kid sitting next to him and rub on their arms while they're riding in the buggy!

He also continues to be very mischevious.....about a week ago, he found my nail polish and painted the dining room floor with it. Thankfully none of it got on the dining room chairs. But after Dean discovered him, he kept saying "oh no!" over and over again!

And here are a couple of pictures in his Halloween costume......Grant's friend Andrew wore it last year, and we tried it on him a week ago. He loved wearing it.....he thought he was dressed up as Super Why (his favorite TV character)! It's VERY tight, so hopefully it will still fit in two weeks!
He's still not crazy about sunglasses, but will put them on for about 2 seconds, and he says "cool!" when he wears them.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

so cute!!! Isn't it amazing how tiny they are when they are born?? You forget so fast! Grant looks absolutely adorable in his superman costume! Love the glasses!

Sara said...

Drew is so adorable!! I'm loving his full head of hair! And Grant looks very cool in his sunglasses.