Monday, November 24, 2008

Drew is two months old!

First, thanks to you guys who commented about the sleeping stuff. I've talked to a number of people whose babies actually sleep on their tummies. I know it's much more natural for them to sleep that way. And I've been pretty happy with the Angel Care monitor so far. The only thing is that it's very sensitive.....it picks up the ceiling fan as movement (at least when the pack and play sits right under the fan). So we'll have to experiment and make sure we can turn the fan on in his room as long as his crib isn't sitting right underneath it (he's still sleeping in our room now). But like I said, it gives me so much peace of mind when I lay Drew down to sleep on his belly.

Anyway, Drew turned two months old on Saturday, so I wanted to post a few pictures of him from the past couple of weeks.

My sleepy baby (this is what he looks like probably 85% of the day):
He's been smiling for a couple of weeks, but it's really hard to get a shot of it! Here's probably the closest thing I've gotten.
Laying down and "playing" (as much as they play at this age!) on Grant's Elmo couch.
Sleeping on Daddy. He still spends a lot of time sleeping in our arms. But Dean only holds him after Grant's in bed....Grant is still very possessive of Daddy.


"What are you doing to me??!" Here's Grant giving Drew a kiss or hug.
Our two kids have differed so much on their sleep habits/patterns. Grant slept wonderfully in the swing, Papasan (bouncy chair) and carseat. He slept in his Papasan at night until he was 3 months old! And every time I put him in the car (especially when he was this age), he'd fall right to sleep, and usually sleep the entire time we were out. I didn't realize how nice this was!

Drew is SO much different! He will fall asleep easily if I lay him down on his belly, but he HATES the carseat. And he really doesn't care too much for the swing or Papasan either.....if he's fallen asleep in my arms, he'll often wake up after just a few minutes if I lay him in one of those. The hardest part is listening to him scream when we're in the car. He doesn't do it every time, but many times he'll cry nonstop until I take him out. This laid back baby is turning into a little handful!

But in the past week or so, he's been sleeping really long stretches for us at night. Most nights he wakes up somewhere between 2:30 and 4:30 for the first time, but last night he didn't wake up until 5:45, when Dean was about to get out of bed! Yay!!

Okay, I really am intending to get pictures from Grant's b-day up in the next day or two. Our computer is VERY slow and the software I use to brighten pictures keeps crashing. Fun times with the computer!

3 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Drew looks precious. And you have him dressed so cute. He's really filling out...especially in the cheeks!

Lindsay said...

I think Drew so SO, SO cute!!!! I love it when they lay on your chest while you sleep on the couch.. so sweet! Kara has already stopped that :(.
Noah and Kate had such sleep differences as well! Noah seems like he was my Grant with sleeping.. and Kate was definitely Drew!! THat's so funny!!

shalonda said...

oh my word that little drew is too cute!!!!! he could totally fit in with our cheek family!!!!