Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grant's Birthday

A week late, here are finally some pictures from Grant's 2nd birthday.

That morning, he ate a waffle for breakfast and I put a candle in it. He tried and tried to blow it out but never could. Finally I got too nervous having a lit candle sitting on his tray, and I blew it out for him!


For a while I figured we'd have a birthday party for him, and about a month ago I went out and bought all the supplies. But the more I thought about it and tried to plan, it stressed me out more and more! So we didn't have a party this year.....I figured Grant wouldn't even know what everyone was doing at our house anyway! My parents came down on his birthday, though. Here Grant is helping them put together his birthday present from them.....a shopping cart!
A few hours later, here he is putting his Spider Friend into the shopping cart for a ride! Notice he's wearing a sweatsuit......I would have put something nicer on for his birthday, but he had a fever that came and went throughout the day. He wore his pajamas until about 5pm, when we finally put this sweatsuit on him!
This was my first attempt at making and decorating a shaped cake....I saw the football cake mold at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be a perfect one to start with, since it looked pretty easy to decorate. It was fun! I'll have to try something a little harder next time......

About to blow out the candles on his cake.....
This time he actually did a great job and blew the candles out in about four tries!Probably the first decent picture of the four of us together since Drew was born! In all the others we've tried before this, Grant hasn't been a very good participant! Gosh, I look tired!!
This was a couple of days before his birthday.....he called this a razor and tried shaving his face like Daddy! It's a mini-windshield washer (I think!). At least this time he didn't try to shave his legs with it like he's done with razors before!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your cake looks awesome! Great job :) The razor is cracking me up.

Kristen said...

I LOVE the new header picture!!