Today is Grant's second birthday! It hardly seems possible to me! He's acting like such a big boy lately and picking up on so many things that we do. Last night I casually asked Dean if he knew where the remote control was. A second later, Grant ran behind the couch, then came back around with the remote! He handed it to Dean and said, "thank you!" And also last night, he started putting his toys away and said "pick up." This was without me even asking him! I think he's learned this at school and thinks we'll be impressed when he does it here.
Every day there are so many things Grant does and says that make me puzzled because I don't remember teaching them to him! It's so funny having a conversation with him these days; he knows what certain words are supposed to sound like, but sometimes stumbles when he tries to put multiple words together. The other day we were watching penguins on tv and he tried about a dozen times before he said "funny birds" successfully! But he is always putting together words into phrases.....you can tell that his little brain is working nonstop!
A few of Grant's favorite things at two years:
Favorite foods: cheese (as always!), milk, goldfish, cereal bars, macaroni and cheese, toast and cream cheese, pineapple, scrambled eggs, any/all types of sweets!! Notice that there are no veggies and very few fruits on this list. He hardly ever will try anything that he's not familiar with; we definitely have a picky eater!
Favorite toys: at the moment, his new "Cars" helicopter and race car that we bought him yesterday at Toys R Us (with birthday money from Great-Grandma). Really, he loves all of his choo-choos, cars and other transportation vehicles.
Favorite activities/games: Playing "chase Grant" with Daddy; playing hide and seek with Daddy (he finally likes to be the seeker!); playing outside; feeding the outside kitty; going to school; watching planes and helicopters fly above our house; playing with Daddy's tools and helping Dean with pretty much everything. Can you tell that he likes his Daddy a lot right now??!
Favorite TV Shows: I'd say now it's a tie between Super Why and Little Einsteins. He's never been able to sit and watch TV for longer than about 10 minutes, even when watching Super Why. But in the past few weeks, we've noticed him being drawn a lot more to the TV, where he'll sit and watch almost any cartoon for a while. I don't want to make this a habit!
I look at my big boy and can't believe how he's turned from a baby into such a funny, sweet little kid. Everyone says how quickly it happens and I can now attest to that!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Grant! We love you!
Happy birthday, sweet nephew!!
awe! I can't believe he is already two!!!
Post a Comment