Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Four years ago today.....

Dean and I got engaged! I can't believe it's been four years already! Four years, two children, and many crazy experiences later, and he still puts up with me!

That Christmas season was so busy (we seem to have many fewer things planned now that we're married and have kids!). But that year it seemed like every weekend we had one or two events planned. So Dean had mentioned early in December that he wanted to have a date night on the 17th (a Friday). That night, we went out to eat at a fancy restaurant at the top of the Hilton hotel, then we saw the Houston Ballet perform The Nutcracker (one of my all-time favorite things to do). Afterwards we went to Herrman Park to walk around and look at Christmas lights. Unfortunately, the lights were already off because it too late! But we walked around anyway, and he proposed at the same place where we'd had our first kiss four months before.

Today, we commemorated this romantic occasion by chasing our crazy two-year-old around JCPenney as we tried to have family pictures made (he was NOT excited about picture time, and kept trying to leave!). Then at noon, I had a minor surgery related to childbirth (still finishing up my healing), and we spent the rest of the afternoon dealing with our Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde child......I swear, one minute he is so precious, and the next minute he is whining, screaming, and throwing things! Life is so much fun with kids! :) (just kidding of course!)

This was taken the night after we got engaged, at my friend Ashley's wedding.

Here are a couple more pictures of us from around that time.

4 comments:

Yee Peng said...

Happy Engagement Anniversary!

CS said...

December 17 was the date of my first "official" date with Pat! How fun!

Alissa said...

Thanks, Yee-Peng! And Corie, I had no idea! Then I guess it's a semi-big day for both of us!

katy said...

Yay!! Wow -- engaged after four months? It was meant to be!! :)